Ramtron's FRAM?

Has anyone here used Ramtron's FRAM products? I'm looking at using thier FM24CL64-S, which is a 64k (supposedly) I2C, low voltage FRAM chip. I have a few questions however -

Is it REALLY I2C? The distributor lists it as I2C, but ramtrons datasheet just says its an "industry standard" interface.

Under read/write cycles in the datasheet, it simply says "Unlimited" ... I know i sound horribly sceptical, but is this really the case?

Has anyone found a supplier that consistantly stocks these chips? Or has a stock of this chip in DIP? I'd like to breadboard a bit before i try pounding out a board, and i'd like to have a few spare.

Thanks!

-Alex

Reply to
Alex Wisnieski

Yes it is I2C but they also do SPI versions which are much faster and slightly easier to use.

The number of write cycles is limited to 10^12 times, which is 'almost' unlimited.

They have sent me samples, but it took ages. Farnell stock them in the UK.

The FRAM is great, I used it as scratch ram and it is very fast. No more worrying about write cycles!

Reply to
Geoffrey Swales

outstanding...thanks for the info!

-Alex