RC Servos with dual ended output shaft

I'm looking at using RC servos in a legged robot. Are there any low end servos (<$20, 40-50 oz-in) that have an output shaft that goes all
the way through the servo so that horns or gears could be mounted on both sides? This would greatly simplify my design and (I think) increase the servo's life.
Unfortunately, no. There aren't any that I have seen or found. www.solarbotics.com has some gear motor units that could be used like this, as they have a shaft that goes all the way through. But the extra shaft is not designed to be load bearing but it may work OK though. Unfortunately, you would have to hook up your own servo feedback pot and electronics to get it to work like a real servo. But one could simply use a encoder or feedback pot to determine position and stop the motor as desired. www.lynxmotion.com was selling servo guts, so this might be a practical method to implement. One could also use the external servo gears or chain sprockets from places like www.servocity.com and run the output to a jackshaft and use this to hold both sides. You can keep the gear ratio the same or increase or decrease it too.

What about http://www.megarobotics.com http://www.mciirobot.com/ ?
<.> wrote in message

The AI Motor from Megarobotics looks good (they even have walker kits). Has anyone bought from these guys before? I'm curious about cost, shipping, component ruggedness, ect.
If you're careful, you can mount a pivot point on the bottom of the servo, directly opposite the shaft. By using the original shaft plus this on-line pivot, you could possibly achieve what you want.
Mark