Re: Spreading the word

An article on Forth by Stephen Pelc appeared today on Dr. Dobbs website.

Reply to
Robert Miller

Great article!

Reply to
roger.levy

I thought the article was interesting but it seemed that the flow was a bit off-kilter in that the second and third pages transition into seemingly unrelated scopes (coding practices and debugging in general on the second page when the heading seems to direct us to think in terms of FORTH's performance and interactivity; we sink into network chat and the usefulness of remote debugging and the related benefits of interactivity when we seem to be directed, from what the heading says, into a talk about documenting FORTH code as you go). It seems to me that the "Modern Forth" context gets blurred out throughout the articles while insufficiently explained projects, and how they relate to the master topic of the section, are sprinkled throughout the articles.

Regards Jean-Francois Michaud

Reply to
Jean-François Michaud

The article at

was interesting and valuable enough for me to link to it from
-- the MindForth Programming Journal for 17.SEP.2008.

In that journal entry citing Mr. Stephen Pelc, I record the careful elaboration in Win32Forth of what is one of MindForth's most intricate cognitive tricks -- the ability to comprehend a fact-finding question and answer it from the AI knowledge base with one simple word, if warranted by the KB: an affirmative "YES"!

a new "kbSearch" module that searches the knowledge base to answer "YES" to a question or to ignore it otherwise.

guidelines for putting MindForth on display as artificial intelligence for science museums.

Arthur

Reply to
mentifex

Step 1: Write poster about AI winter Step 2: Cite mentifex and MindForth Step 3: Profit

LOLZ.

Reply to
bleh