self aligning/mating shaft coupling

Hi People,
I'm looking for a shaft coupling that will automatically align when a removable component is placed onto our unit. (So the shafts can be 'out
of phase' while connecting )
At the moment I'm using a spider coupling with a rubber mating grommet (shaped like an 'X'), which sometimes needs a bit of help, otherwise the rubber can get pinched and the component won't sit correctly.
I guess an example is a blender: Put the jug on the base unit and press start. Nothing else needed. (except of course a mop and cloth because you forgot the lid.)
A blender drive isn't reversible however.
I'd strongly prefer to use a ready made component - I've checked through most of the major catalogs, and haven't seen anything ideal. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to know.
Cheers Marc
    --Sounds like you need a Lovejoy coupling. Try an automotove or bearing house.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Egads I'm becoming
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a Woot-aholic!
steamer wrote:

Marc wrote:

You never played with Capsela?