Re: Sealant for metal shaft to plastic tubing shaft coupling

>They seem to carry clear tubing for gasoline line for weed eaters and such;

> >not sure if what you saw would be that stuff or different. > > Thank you, yes. It was fuel line, IIRC. Would that be suitable for the > application? > > > Jay > CNS&M > Wireheads of the world, unite! >

From what I've heard. neoprene is good for couplings, silicone is bad. Apparantly the silicone tube is too soft and has a tendancy to twist. Unfortunately, nowadays for fuel line, the silicone is what most shops will carry.

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 19:18:45 UTC, "Trainman" wrote: 2000

Based on my experience the silicone works just fine for short distances (less than 1/4" gap). I have no experience with longer gaps.

Reply to
Ernie Fisch

Do what our propeller-head buddy does and run a piece of aluminum or brass tubing inside. Make it just long enough such that it doesn't touch the motor shaft or the gear shaft on the truck and can still absorb the angular displacement of the truck pivoting.

Reply to
Froggy