Is this HO locomotive builder for real?

$1199.95 for a single HO locomotive?

Has anyone seen their work?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Stanton

Challenger Imports are more expensive than that. DEALER COST for a CRI&P

4-8-4 is $1,290.00; UP Challenger has a DEALER COST of $1,890.00; CB&Q 2-10-2 cost the dealer $1,135.00....etc.

Ray H.

Reply to
TCol

Web site last updated 4 months ago. No photos of actual models yet shown. I think the site is a "what if" to see if anyone is actually interested in paying that much for a model. In spite of the steep prices, I doubt if they could produce what they claim to do for that price. I wouldn't.

Andy

- Pre-Interstate Urban Archaeology

Andy Harman

Well, of course, but there's no valve gear an only those itty-bitty wheels on the MRF diesels, no wonder they're cheaper.

Over $1000 for a diseasel - bwahahahaha!!!!

Reply to
Steve Caple

Jim; I haven't seen their work, but since "they know what an EMD turbo sounds like", I hope they know that an SD38-2 doesn't have a friggin turbo.

As far as the price, if its made in the USA, hey, I hope they sell a pile of them. At least the money stays here. regards, Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Zeman

A bit late, with all the jobs that have been sent over there, or down there.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Jerry said "As far as the price, if its made in the USA, hey, I hope they sell a pile of them. At least the money stays here." Well, I find it interesting that made in the USA has a price tag that we here in the USA do not like. Now.....for all those who do not like the suggested price in this site.....are you still ready to say "Buy American"? Now....don't get me wrong, the more we can get USA stuff(meaning afford it) the better I like it. Problem for me.....I really do not have the money available to me to support that idea.

Bob

Reply to
EBTBOB

I also notice they say their "masters" are going to Canada for production

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman

US? I believe they were located in New Braunfels, TX.< Yes, very well.

Reply to
Jon Miller

And if you're (un)fortunate enough to be in Australia like me, where runs of brass locomotive models rarely exceed 500 units, the pricing is higher again.

The biggest factors at least here in Australia for brass model pricing are the low numbers of models in any run, hefty import taxes, and the cost of shipping. For 1000+ units it will be a lot less per model to ship than 500- units.

Also, brass model makers are in demand. Just like the Chinese factories which Atlas, Walthers, Bachmann, Lifelike, etc. all get their locos and rolling stock made by. Australian companies use those factories too and our most prominent HO scale model locomotive business at the moment (Austrains) has to book up to 3 years in advance (!) for production windows at one of the Chinese factories because in the last 5 years demand has skyrocketed. This also makes costs go up much quicker than inflation or any other factor.

Regards,

Craig.

-- Craig Dewick -

C. Dewick