Serial communication

Hello All,

Can anyone point me to some directions or articles on how to build a circuit that I can send serial data to my basic stamp via wireless without having to have a second stamp? Currently I'm doing this but am having to use a 2nd stamp to process keyboard inputs via the debug window and transmit to my robot. Works well but I'd rather use my 2nd stamp for something else. I'm assuming this can be done with a terminal program and some kind of RS232 to TTL level converter? Thanks.

-Dave

Reply to
Dave

Take a look at Kronos Robotics EZ-232. This is a level shifter that works well with a breadboard or headers.

D. Jay Newman

Reply to
D. Jay Newman

Reply to
Dave

Dave,

If you can program a PIC, the 12F675 is great for this. I am using one one wireless system to pass data to a Stamp. I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but check out:

The transmitter side of the program uses a 12F675, cheap and works great.

Jonathan

Jonathan Peakall