Servo to 68HC11

Can I connect the control line from a hobby servo directly to a port on a 68HC11? Or should I be providing a buffer of some sort?
Additionally, can I power a 68HC11 and the Servos from the same battery source? Or will there be noise that the 68HC11 board's regulator won't handle.
Thanks!
always run through a buffer. when the servo shuts off the inductor inside the servo will throw out a relatively large voltage spike the could blow the port of the 68HC11
68HC11? Or should I be providing a buffer of some sort?

source? Or will there be noise that the 68HC11 board's regulator won't handle.

Dear subspaceguns,
    Please check your information. A Radio Control servo _will_not_     create a voltge spike on the control line as you mentioned.
    Connecting an HC11 to a servo has been done for years.
    Here are a few links on the subject.
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=hc11+robotics+rc+servos&btnG=Google+Search