Single board computer

Hello all
I looking for a single board computer?
Paul

Well, without more to go on, I might guess that this will suit your needs: http://www.gumstix.com /
HTH, - Joe

Wow! It's really hard to believe. Is it true? Or are these gumstick's just ideas?

Yes, they're real, and (for obvious reasons) pretty popular. But you'll want to verify that you can program them with Visual Basic (you shouldn't have any trouble with GCC C or C++, however).

No go for vb with gumstix. Only gcc/g++ under windows or linux all details at gumstix.org
The new atmel avr32 network board looks good for the price - US$69 ATNGW100 AVR32 NETWORK GATEWAY http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_idA02
They have a promo selling them for US$69 and claim they are available but I can't find anyone who has any in stock yet. http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/view_detail.asp?FileName=AVR32NGKit_3_26.html&family_idh2
Digikey claims to be shipping them on the 13th of April
Nice to see that they provide avr32 studio for windows and linux (eclipse based). http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools.asp?family_idh2
docs are up on avrfreaks wiki http://www.avrfreaks.net/wiki/index.php/Documentation:AVR32_General
Alex
Alex Gibson wrote:

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/view_detail.asp?FileName=AVR32NGKit_3_26.html&family_idh2
I (back)ordered one of the ATNGW100 boards, then discovered I'd need the JTAG mkII adapter to pretty much any debugging more sophisticated than printfs. $300 for that makes the $69 a bit bigger pill.
Netburner has a $99 kit that appeals to me.
Pete

I already have Atmel tools. But it would have been nice for them to build a jtag debug module into the board like a lot of other manufacturers do (analog , IAR, keil etc)

The netburner kits are nice but be careful as it can be easy to load code that renders the modules unusable.
Just recieved a couple of olimex lpc2378 boards. http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id80 http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id82
The nice thing with most arm 7 and arm9 chips and boards is the standard jtag port which works with simple adaptors.
I'm looking around and evaluating boards to use as a rs485 to ethernet gateway for a project.
Alex
Visual Basic , C++ , , You need a Host computer ...
Slow method , requires 500% more stuff to learn , than direct programmming When you are closer to the hardware with a keypad and BW LCD , directly hooked to the mcu , you have far less to "figure" , to memorize , job is much faster .
I have 12 NDS Lites , 2 LPC2292 ARM and several ATMEL SAM 7's .
Ill be giving out a free Loader soon . It will be able to create code , unlike the stupid SAM-BA from ATMEL , and the lame loader from Phillips

That really depends on what you're doing. If all you're doing is very basic reactive programming, you're probably right. I really wouldn't want to try to do path planning that way, though.
I have LPC2292 and ATMEL AT91SAM7256 and others , they are all crippled , no fun at all .
We need a low cost EVB , with
two STR710FZ2T6 or two LPC2292
ARM , ....4MB PSRAM ....SD card slot
Lithium battery to protect PSRAM .