Source update LinuxPCRobot.org

I just uploaded new source to http://linuxpcrobot.org
There are a ton of changes, almost too many to mention (change longs from
CVS HUGE!) Anyway, a few highlights:
Scales PID calculations for variable scheduling time. Abstracted data buses a bit. Abstracted devices Split PS/2 port info from mouse.cpp More comments Consolidated Linux specific code into one file. Works on the 2.6 Linux kernel.
thats a really cool robot
MR Robot wrote:

Thanks.
Hi,
I like your encoder setup. Looks sturdy and well done.
What does your robot do so far? You have a webcam.. Encoders. Any sonar or IR range finders?
Is it remote control computer, or do you have any code to make it move and map by itself?
I am using my flood fill code (for auto map) in my PCB CAD program, to auto-route traces. I almost have it working. It is a cool algorithm, allowing you to move through space (with sensors), a graphic, or any other data without touching data you don't want to touch.
I am re-coding the sonar driver to use faster techniques than triginometry, so less time is spent calculating which cells in the occupancy grid correspond to sonar data. 8k DOS, 8k assembly, approx 8k simulation program.
Rich
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I/R and sonar is next after the sreaming video or webcam.

I just spent some time porting the code from Linux 2.4 to 2.6, I've also done some work on the motor control loop. It is pretty stable and behaves very well. I've done some benchmarking and am satisfied that the system works well.
The mouse encoder system I built is using the PS/2 port. I am curious if using USB will make it better. I don't know, there may be time slice contention with the camera.
As for remote, I'm using Linux with wireless networking. It is inherently "remote." Almost anything you can do on the console you can do over the network.

I'm not sure I follow waht you are doing.

What kind of CPU are you using? Modern CPUs can do floating point just as fast, if not faster, than integer arithmatic.