Sourcing parts from China based companies

*FIRST POST*
Hi guys,
I am quite curious about Chinese-based companies, and I know there are prejudice when it comes to products coming from them, but I would like to know, from the
perspective of who have experience using their products, how did their products fare in the long run. My interest in robotics has just grown, and a friend recommended me to have this site, for starters, as a reference: http://www.powerjackmotion.com/product-category/linear-actuator /, in case I would like to pursue building one in the future.
Looking forward to your inputs.
Thanks in advance!