stepper motor with threaded rod thru rotor

A few years ago, I had some stepper motors with a threaded rod passing through the rotor. So when the motor is stepped, the threaded
rod will push or pull.
Now, I cannot find them, so I am trying to buy some replacements. But I cannot find anything with a google search. Does anyone know what these things are called? Or some place that sells them? I think I got them last time from either Jameco or Allelectronics, but neither seems to have them now.
Bob wrote:

Those were the drive mechanism of some 8" floppy drives. They're now rare items.
                John Nagle

Yup, that's the downside of purchasing surplus and/or remaindered items. Eventually, they go away. If the steppers you're referring to were part of a surplus tape head positioner assembly at All Electronics, I picked up a couple, myself. Good price for some miscellaneous fasteners, springs, and a groovy stepper motor and lead-screw combination (sorry for the lame pun).
It looks like <http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/SMT-102/STEPPER-MOTOR-W/-SCREW-MECHANISM/1.html> is *possibly* a similar actuator.
--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

http://www.hsi-inc.com /
Bob wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SERIES-35000-SIZE-14-LINEAR-ACTUATOR-6-0-SHAFT-NEW_W0QQitemZ230059073315QQcmdZViewItem

Something like this:
http://www.alltronics.com/cgi-bin/item/23M014/154/Haydon-20841-Linear-Stepper-Motor
--
RoRo

    --You might try candhsurplus.com in Pasadena; I've seen them there, but not recently..
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Do us a favor and rescue
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a doggie or three...