stepper motor with threaded rod thru rotor

A few years ago, I had some stepper motors with a threaded rod passing through the rotor. So when the motor is stepped, the threaded rod will push or pull.

Now, I cannot find them, so I am trying to buy some replacements. But I cannot find anything with a google search. Does anyone know what these things are called? Or some place that sells them? I think I got them last time from either Jameco or Allelectronics, but neither seems to have them now.

Reply to
Bob

Those were the drive mechanism of some 8" floppy drives. They're now rare items.

John Nagle

Reply to
John Nagle

Yup, that's the downside of purchasing surplus and/or remaindered items. Eventually, they go away. If the steppers you're referring to were part of a surplus tape head positioner assembly at All Electronics, I picked up a couple, myself. Good price for some miscellaneous fasteners, springs, and a groovy stepper motor and lead-screw combination (sorry for the lame pun).

It looks like

is *possibly* a similar actuator.

Reply to
Rich Webb

Reply to
randallchaas

Reply to
randallchaas

Something like this:

Robert Roland

--You might try candhsurplus.com in Pasadena; I've seen them there, but not recently..

Reply to
steamer