This the right way?

I'm a newbie at robotics mainly drawing on previous knowlege of Mechanics and electronics.I'm building a modular chassis from a BEAM design for a simple S.roller for adding on to.

First, it's power by a 24 x 33 mm "competion sized" Solar cell OR a 9v Batt.Both powersources are connected to a standard .50 switchbox. The box is connected is connected to a circuit consisting of PNP & NPN Transistors connected to a 1381J using the P's as ground,output,and input respectively.There are two swivel-mounted Nikitas on each side connected to a 3300uF Capacitor.

As soon as I find a cheap microcontroller, I'm using these light detectors and IR sensors to :

A)In solar mode,lack of light on the Ph.Sensors will cause the Bot to switch box conduits until light is restored.

B) Run away from heat sources (**hack**Humans**wheeze**)

Does this sound like it going the right way?

Thanks if you read this far..

Reply to
Nick S