window zoom previous

hello,

A while back I was able to locate the comand to bind a key to zoom previous. Since then I have simple kept my .cus file and never looked back. Now with the most recent solidworks 2005 sp0.1 I am unable to use my .cus file and can no longer locate the command to bind the key. Can anyone point me to where the command is located inorder to bind a key?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
pete.kavelish

Tools>Customize>Keyboard>View>Undo View Change

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

A few thoughts for you.

  1. You can still use your .CUS file if you wish. However, the Wizard won't copy them.
  2. The location you request, on my SW2005, is found at Tools>Customize>Keyboard>View>Previous View.
  3. I have maintained the "master" list of hotkeys through the various versions and would be happy to send you a copy.
  4. If you wish, I could send you my registry file for the hotkeys so you can just import all of them. That way you wouldn't have to set all of them manually - let the Wizard do it. Let me know.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

You sure about that "Previous View" buddy? I think is is (and always has been) "Undo View Change".

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

I have noticed an interesting thing happening when I use my hotkey for this. If I am in the middle of applying mates and then I hit this key-SW un-does the previous mate in addition to going to the previous view.

Anybody else see this?

jk

Reply to
jk

That's what I have mine set to - I couldn't even find the item you mentioned. Are you on 0.1 or 0? maybe that was a change.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

"Richard Doyle" wrote in news:310sjbF35r51vU1@uni- berlin.de:

??? Are you sure?

I find it at:

Tools>Customize>Keyboard>Others>Previous View

SW05 sp0.1

Can't find it at the location you mention. I tend not to hotkey this one, since it's on the view toolbar (telescope with left arrow).

matt

Reply to
matt

Hi Pete,

Came up against this .cus file thing when starting to use 2005. If you place a copy of the 2004 cus file into the same location within the

2005 directory structure it should be converted that next time 2005 is started. My cus file was called neville.cus I created a directory called "user" under Solidworks2005 dir. When you next start SWX, a message something along the line of " a previous version cus file found and will be converted". When you have a look at where you placed the cus file it's name will have been converted to something the software apparently ignores on future sessions. In my case it became Neville_NOT_USED.cus

Hope this helps

Reply to
Neville Williams

Hmmmmm....I double checked again after starting a new part. Sure enough, it says "Previous View". I thought I was going crazy (er) until I opened an assembly and went through the same motions. "Undo View Change" - it's there, honest (2005 SP0.1).

I like assigning a hot key in this case (Q). It's right where my left hand meets the keyboard.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle