Total newbie - questions

Hi, Thank's for taking time and reading. I plan to build a robot on two legs with three joints on every leg. I have bought 6 Servos from the company
Carson. They are quite small and (I hope) strong, equiped with three cables (red, brown, orange). Did anyone had the occasion to use those servos? Going further - what would be the best way to control such a servo? I thought about my serial port in my PC. What would you recomend and how should the ciurciut look like? My final question is - is it possible to get nitinol in Europe? I mailed the two companies in Germany, but they don't ship nitinol in small amounts.
I would be grateful for your answeres. Kind regards. Blazej Pindelski Opole, Poland
Sorry for my English.
Hi Blazej,
Check out this link. http://www.seattlerobotics.org/encoder/200106/16csscnt.htm
It's for controlling servos with a microcontroller. I know you want to use a PC but it explains how the servos works and how to control then.
A parallel port would work better for controlling than a serial port.
Nitinol is called 'muscle wire' in the USA. I don't know about Europe but we got it here and you can buy small amounts though the shipping might be high..
Jay
"I'm pullin' for you; we're all in this together", Red Green

You could hang one of these: http://www.pololu.com/products/pololu/0290/ off your serial port. It worked fine for me. There are probably others out there too but this one was pretty cheap. -- Torque