ultra fine rotation

Hi all, Does anyone know the cheapeast way to build a voltage control rotational stage that has a resolution of 0.1 mrad and can travel +/-

0.02 rad. The load is about 2 lb.

Thanks

John

Reply to
blackmonkey2046

If you are trying to hack something together, then I would say we need more information. Speed & orientation would be helpful.

Reply to
Blueeyedpop

Don't know the cheapest way but my approach would be to use a crank with the longest arm possible and a linkage to a linear ball screw, driven by a stepper motor. If there was still some play in the linkage I would use some springs to hold the play to one side.

You would have to do the math to get the number of steps for each rotation of the holder / table.

Bill K7NOM

Reply to
Bill Janssen