Where to get low cost batteries and motors.

I was at Fry's Elelectronic retailer the other day and found several made in China electric scooters I will convert into robots.
The problem is that I need more than a handful of these motors and batteries. I tried looking for a source or suppliers of these parts but no luck. Where do we find these low cost motors and batteries?
Thanks
On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:49:27 -0800, "burt squareman"
There are a wide range of online catalogues and I can only scratch the surface so start with: www.grainger.com www.smallparts.com www.amazing1.com
You can review those while someone comes up with a good list.
Rusty Mase

www.nutsvolts.com www.allcorp.com www.sciplus.com
Wayne
burt squareman wrote:

Oatley electronics (australia) has these motors and drive parts such as cogs and chains and forward only speed controllers.
http://www.oatleyelectronics.com
Most of the scooter stuff is on the home page. I was thinking of building a larger bot with these motors then I started to play with brushless motors.