why is NASA editing these images??

well isn't that nice alot of ppl came forth and made their pious comments.....congrats to you all. I am sure you will win the internet based
on your English grammar..... oh btw thanks for the input but then im not a perfectionist......nor would I want to be......
here is the site mentioned in the above thread for those of you who don't know what it is about and apparently you all don't .....so here it is again :))
http://www.xenotechresearch.com/NASAHACK.htm oh yeah and it was on the news but I don't think you all watch it.....LOL to busy telling ppl how to do this or that and your own lives are a confused state of being ......
anyways thanks for your input thought I would get you all back on the right trail again since you all lost it...... < tongue in cheek >

Terry Lynn Sadler wrote:

On the contrary. I found the grammar discussion far more interesting than your original topic.

:)
Jon

I would imagine that this was primarily because it was actually legible.
I thought the original topic pretty interesting after I looked at the pictures myself. But I enjoyed the grammar lesson as well. I can't write to save my tail feathers.
On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:06:06 -0400, "Chris S."

based
not a

don't
again
on
how
right
about that .
http://www.xenotechresearch.com/NASAHACK.htm
E. Lee Dickinson wrote:

I always fight with the grammer police on this one.
For example, the statement You must use the command "rm *." is grammatically correct, but may confuse some people. -- D. Jay Newman
You spelled "grammar" incorrectly.
snipped-for-privacy@ONAYAMSPAYuk2.co.uk "Tom McEwan" wrote:

... but managed to spell "grammatically" correctly in the same post! 8-)
--
Simon Turner DoD #0461
snipped-for-privacy@twoplaces.co.uk
Simon Turner wrote:

This may be due to a typing problem I have. When I get tired, my fingers don't always do what they're supposed to.
Also, my spelling is often not self-consistent, let alone consitent with other peoples' rules. -- D. Jay Newman http://enerd.ws/robots /
Tom McEwan wrote:

Sorry, spelling was *never* my forte. -- D. Jay Newman http://enerd.ws/robots /
message wrote:

"Your"
from
wonder
OK, I phrased this one badly - there are exceptions, but the sense in which Sadler used it was not such an exception, I'm sure you'll agree.

See above.

use
said
This was a genuine goof on my part. I rewrote half the sentence, but erroneously left in a bad comma that was previously correct. Thanks for spotting it.

Personally I've never encountered a font that looks "wrong" with double spaces, and since I sometimes work with old computers incapable of displaying fonts as advanced as that I tend to keep the habit. I'd say this one's more a matter of personal style than actual rules. I'll take your word that there are situations in which exceptions can be made but in the case of the previous post, where full stops were apparently used in place of commas, the double space would be the only other way of telling a genuine sentence end from a "disguised comma"!

Me too. Always good practice.
Tom McEwan wrote:
Please remember that some of the posters here don't speak English natively. On the other hand, this is one reason that I think that we should strive for good English without the grammer police.

This is probably the single most useful hint you have written. This helps us parse the text.

Old school. Now the general concensus is to leave only a single space and let the word-processor handle it.

Yes, but conspiracy only means that more than one person is involved. It could be two people deciding how to jaywalk.

Come on. Most English speakers get that wrong on occasion.

Actually I believe that it is supposed to imply humor. -- D. Jay Newman
why I thank you for the English lesson.......many need to know that ya know .....im sure alot of ppl are going to read this......and im sure they will love your input
*smile*

things
thinks
verse