Wanted: NASA decals for a what-if

I want to do a "what-if" of the YF-23. The YF-23 prototypes were stored at the NASA's Dryden Flight Center with plans for NASA to use a least one for testing. This never happened but I think the plane would look "cool" in NASA colours.

So, does anyone have you any NASA logos and/or meatballs that would fit a

1/72 YF-23 that they want to part with?

TIA Ultan Rooney

Reply to
Ultan Rooney

If you are willing to make the decals yourself, go to Google-Images and google nasa logo. I recently needed the worm for making a homemade decal. I was surprised at the abundence of NASA logos on line!

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Ultan, If you don't mind printing them yourself, try these:

the bottom of the sheet, you'll find a link for NASA under "Organizations" that has a bunch of different logos. HTH, John

Reply to
The Old Man

snip

At the bottom of the sheet, you'll find a link for NASA under

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I don't really have the gear to print them myself.

Thanks again Ultan

Reply to
Ultan Rooney

All you need is a color printer. Print out the decal on regular paper. Take that printout and a sheet of decal paper (I like the stuff Micro Mark sells) to a copy shop and have them copy the printout onto the decal sheet. Identify the "print" side of the sheet so they get it in right side up, but it is pretty easy to tell.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Ultan: There has been a variety of decal sheets produced over the years that contain an assortment of various NASA logos in most of the typical scales. A nice sheet that may still be available is from Cutting Edge/Meteor Products. Here's the link:

Also, IPMS VA produced an excellent sheet containing various scales of NASA & NACA logos for aircraft models. This is hard to find but does pop up now and again.

NASA Meatball logos can be found on this site:

Finally, another option is to take an existing decal set for another NASA aircraft model in 1/72 and use this for the YF-23. I have done this successfully several times.

Like yourself, I was hoping that NASA would have painted up their YF-23 in NASA markings, but no luck!

Have fun model>I want to do a "what-if" of the YF-23. The YF-23 prototypes were stored at

Reply to
Mike J. Idacavage