Wood in robotics

Got Piccies?

On Fri, 06 May 2005 02:12:37 GMT, "blueeyedpop"

There's this, but it's not much and the designer/maker says this is only a prototype, the real thing will not have any wood in it:
http://wa4dsy.net/robot/omegaforce/index.html
Inside the wooden (soon to be metal, I presume) wheelbearing case are five metal gears - all three wheels are driven. I know this because I was at the club meeting a few months ago when Dale showed this off and took it apart. I'm not sure if I should divulge any more details. :)

----- http://mindspring.com/~benbradley