Subject Author Posted Replies

Internet Robotic Engineering
Hey, just a little opinion piece about the engineering process. I've made a few posts on here, and some people received them well, other not so well. Over my career I've worked in many engineering...
11
11

Defining object APIs
OK, I'm working on an API for a robotics system, my strategy is to define a small workable API that is extensible. The robot will be divided into logical functional objects of varying levels of...
2
2

Mars Exploration Rover Update - March 16, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Continues Driving on Five Wheels - sol 778-783, Mar 16, 2006: Spirit continued to make progress toward "McCool Hill" despite a reduction in solar energy and problems with the right...

looking to upgrade from lawnmower wheels ...
So far my new robot uses lawnmower wheels. But because I'd like to turn my concept into a kit sometime, I just don't feel like the lawnmower wheels cut it. (no pun intended!) They are kinda wobbly -...
11
11

hello....paul y. oh i need to talk
hello Paul Y. Oh i need to talk to u my email id is or i am trying to implement the project of stepper motor control over internet done by one of ur student Roberto Pina.....can we discuss this...
1
1

Proximity sensor
How can I develop a simple proximity sensor that will return the distance to the nearest object? Because IR proximity sensors are not available in India...
3
3

Call for ideas
For a number of reasons, I am in the process of re-designing a lot of the $500 robot software. Most of the pseudo-realtime stuff will remain for motor control, but it will be isolated in its own OS...
8
8

Scissors platform - Know where to find source?
I'm trying to locate a scissors platform that extends up to at least 2 feet in height, but collapse to under 4 inches. Something like a lab jack (see ) It only needs to hold a pound on the platform....
5
5

Where are IR sensors available in India?
Hi I want a proximity sensor like the Sharp IR GP2D02 available at I get them anywhere in India or is ordering online the only option? Thanks in advance. Arun...
1
1

Robotic arm with vision
Hi I am working on developing a robotic arm with vision capabilities. The arm is modeled along the lines of the Lynxmotion arms (with base rotation, shoulder, elbow and wrist motions). I have not...
2
2

Standardized distributed robotics
As I am working on my robot, I had sort of a flash last night. I wrote a network enabled joystick program that could use a joystick connected to one machine to control a robot over a wireless (or...
22
22

new project of Behavior Simulation and Motives Modeling
Our group have developed a new conceptual model for behavior simulation in machines. We wish to share our know-how of motives evolution simulation with all intrested in this sphere of AI and...
1
1

what is the different betwean AC brushless motor and DC brushless motor?
what is the different betwean AC brushless motor and DC brushless motor? does AC mean i should use inverter to oparate the motor? thank you eli
1
1

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - March 11, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Studies Surface and Atmosphere on Way to 'McCool' - sol 771-777, Mar 11, 2006: Since backing down from the top of "Home Plate" on Martian day, or sol, 764 (Feb. 25, 2006), Spirit has...
5
5

How to Build Sonar detector
Hi All, As a interesting project I was thinking it would be fun to try to build a sonar ranger. But I was not able to find anything about it on the web. So if anyone can point me to some web sites or...
6
6