Subject Author Posted Replies

What PWM are needed for each LCD Brightness Level
Ok someone here was so kind to sugest ..."the SSC32 (32 PWM channels, RS232 or TTL control) is $40..." for my LED brake light project. Someone at the Lynxmotion Support forum said - "Eh, Not really."...
3
3

ROV design
Hello, I am working on a ROV that will hopefully clean ducts. I'm going to have 2 variable speed drive motors, a turret motor that I can control the position of, a variable speed motor for a rotating...
23
23

Job opportunities in the automation industry
I am currently recruiting for several companies looking for high level controls engineers. They are looking for direct experience with controllogics, wonderware and a solid understanding of process...

Mars Exploration Rover Update - October 11, 2007
UPDATE: Hardy Rover Continues to Celebrate Milestones - sol 1337-1342, October 11, 2007: After enduring seasonal dust storms much stronger than the rover was designed to survive, Spirit has now been...

Master Thesis proposal
I'm studying computer science at Computer Engineering Groups at DII, and now I want to gain some practical experience and I must do a Master Thesis. I would like to make practical use of the...
5
5

inertial guidance using RC type gyros ?
Has anyone done any inertial guidance using one or more of the small RC type gyros available ? I'm talking using it on a land based robot, not air or water, so it would only required 2D...
9
9

Wall Wart Voltage
Hi, I've just got a Crust Crawler 6 DOF and having searched through my collection of wall warts I found one with 7.5VDC 2.5A on the case. Long story short, I went to test the voltage on the jack and...
4
4

Slowing down a plotter
Hi all, I've got a Roland DXY series plotter that I use to directly draw PCB tracks on copper. I'm currently getting acceptable results but it would work much better if I could further reduce the...
3
3

PC Servo controllers
Hi Bot folks Some advice I seek. Seems to be quite a PC based few servo controllers. (looked at a few and linked from here) Type of Servos, RC toy. Am looking to use one for my DSLR controlling camera...
10
10

Mars Exploration Rover Update - October 8, 2007
UPDATE: Rover Experiences Data Backlog - sol 1329-1336, October 08, 2007: Spirit is in good health and on the move toward an appealing field of boulders at the southwest corner of "Home Plate."...

Robot Building Website
Just to let you know that because the Robotbuilding site at the address below is getting a bit (!) full, I've split off the reviews of new kits and Robots to an additional site at Robotgifts.(Thats...

UMI RTX robot
Dear everyone, I am working on a UMI RTX robot for my thesis. Does anyone have a ready code to control this robot? In visual c++. thanks
2
2

Video of Object Avoiding Robot using Basic Stamp and DC motor
Hi All, My name is Allen. I would like share with you some video of a shoe box size autonomous robot that I built recently. It uses an OEM Basic Stamp as controller, 2X12 VDC gearhead Motor, 2X 5 in...
2
2

compound gears
Hi ! I need to make gear transmission and for that i want to use compound gears ( lets say 2:1 ratio). The gear diametar should be cca 10 cm ( yea i know its quite large one ). Where can i buy such...
2
2

buying pre-made couplers?
I've just read Dave Cook's chapter in "Robot Building for Beginners" on making couplers. I have exactly such a need as he describes: a surplus gearhead motor with a D-shaft, to which I want to connect...
7
7