Subject Author Posted Replies

HiRISE Camera on NASA Orbiter Gets Spectacular View of Rover at Victoria Crater
HiRISE CAMERA ON NASA ORBITER GETS SPECTACULAR VIEW OF ROVER AT VICTORIA CRATER (From Lori Stiles, University Communications, 520-626-4402) - Friday, October 06, 2006...

Genghis?
In the appendix of Flesh and Machines, Brooks lists the details of how Genghis works. Has anyone ever copied/programmed an equivalent to Genghis?
1
1

amazing robot: Omnimaru2
A post on Robots-Dreams today is well worth checking out, in case some of you here don't watch that regularly: robot shown (with videos), Omnimaru2, is really amazing. Watch how it passes a ball from...
18
18

My New(ish) Robot Website
Hi all, Would be interested to hear your comments on my site. Cheers Mark Mxnet Robotics Page
3
3

NASA's Mars Rover and Orbiter Team Examines Victoria Crater
Oct. 6, 2006 Dwayne Brown/Erica Hupp Headquarters, Washington 202-358-1726/1237 Guy Webster/Natalie Godwin Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif. 818-354-6278/0850 RELEASE: 06-330 NASA'S MARS...

using standard servos with LEGO parts?
I've found that -- not surprisingly -- using a standard servo with LEGO parts is annoyingly troublesome. The mounting holes and case size don't match up neatly with LEGO hole/stud spacing. I can...
7
7

How do I interface a CMOS image sensor?
G'Day! I was just wondering who has implemented an interface for a CMOS image sensor. I thought it would be great to give a robot some vision using one of the spare cameras cluttering the place up....
3
3

CCD Linear Sensor
Hi all, I am searching for CCD linear sensor with 1024 pixels. I've searched many sensors, but I am looking for 1 with smaller pixel size, preferrably less that 5 um. For CCDs with more pixels, the...
3
3

Robot kit that includes wheel encoders?
I am looking for a complete robot kit which includes encoders for the wheels. All of the kits I've seen omit this feature. Of course, price is an issue for me (defintely under $300). The reason I was...
10
10

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - September 29, 2006
UPDATE: Solar Power Is on the Rise as Spirit 'Follows the Water' - sol 970-976, September 29, 2006: Solar power levels on Spirit are slowly beginning to rise again following a winter low of 275...

two questions about quadrature decoders
I'm looking to count revolutions on a fast (e.g. 2000-4000 RPM) motor output shaft. I can easily put in a couple of optical switches and an interrupt disk. This leaves me pondering quadrature...
11
11

802.11x, PCMCIA (or USB) adapter with RSSI and external antenna
Hi, There are vast amunt of variety for 802.11 network adapter cards in the market. For an experiement I am searching for 802.11x (a,b,g) adapter card with PCMCIA (or USB) interface. This experiments...

SC16IS752 I2C/serial anyone?
I've designed a board around the Phillips SC16IS752 dual I2C/serial bridge chip. However, I'm having problems getting the thing to set up properly. I have Googled and searched the Phillips and other...

16 Channel ADC + 16 RC Servo Motor + 1 RS232 + PIC microcontroller
Hello Everyone, I am a beginner hobbiest in embedded systems. I want to build a system which will have i. 16 channel, 16 bits ADC with SPI interface (it could be two 8 channel ADC) ii. 16 RC Servo...
6
6

Automatic Page Turner
Hello, my name is Gary Cabatingan... I am disabled person and am not able to use my arms. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for an automatic page Turner. I have searched the Internet for one, but...
7
7