A firework factory blew up in Taiwan...

Well saw this on the newspaper recently. Apprantly someone's been smoking in there, I think about 5 people died and many more injured. Dont they just get it?? I think they ought to spank people for smoking in firework factories! Hope they dont call for toughter laws (like what happens when one blows up in the USA) but I do want them to like really enforce the no smoking policy.

I thought they really do enforce the anti-littering laws in Taipei until I discovered spent firecrackers littered all over the ground... at least people are cleaner in the US.

Reply to
tai fu

That's litter? :)

Here in the US it is "evidence of a crime".

Yet another product ATF is instructed to make readily available but outlaws anyway. Often in cooperation with obscure laws from other agencies.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes, watched it on the news here in the UK.

Reply to
Stora

yea, only thing that will get their attention is high explosives and firearms. That is not something you want to get caught with here. Even though it seems the stautory max is like 2 years for posession/manufacturing/selling/etc. I think 2 years in a taiwan prison will feel like 10 years in Club Fed. Oh and if done for a criminal purpose the max increases to 5 years.

Reply to
tai fu

Gee, I would love to have seen that fire department in action. From what I have been led to believe it would be interesting...Chinese Fire Drill :)

Reply to
Reece Talley

I dunno man. They need to do something different in those parts. about 6 factories have blown up in the last couple months in the China/Taiwan area.

Looks like they want to make a special district in Taiwan to put all the fireworks factories so they don't blow up people or industries. I have no more details besides that.

Pax

Reply to
Paxton

nothing interesting, fire stations and trucks here looks EXACTLY like they have in the US. Like I've been saying, it would have been all right if they actually stopped smoking in the factories, they light the celebration way too early...

Reply to
tai fu

A special area for fireworks factories wouldn't work. They burn down their semiconductor Fabs too.

-Chr$

Reply to
Chr$

Not sure if this link already got posted:

bit eimer