aaarg I cant find it, specs for GoFast

and

Gee, Jerry. When Ky dies, (presuming you out live him, which is doubtfull) are you going to say that he didn't really launch a rocket into space at all?

steve

Reply to
default

Steve you have no redeeming value. You are a namecaller, an evil manipulator and love to dance on the grave of firms when they are down.

But we know that already.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yea, but are you saying the "experimental rockets unlimited" code trumps DOT shipping commerce rules??

Fred

Reply to
WallaceF

An "evil manipulator", What the hell are you taking about?

Many, many people love to dance. Do you have a problem with that?

What "firms" are you referring to? List them.

Who is "we"?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Well, in the case at hand, there wasn't any "shipment in commerce" going on - the motor we flew was brought out to the site by Jerry himself (so I doubt there are any grounds for accusations that anyone tried to "conceal the hazardous nature of a shipment from a commercial carrier" or anything like that) and looked very "amateur" besides... I don't mean that in any negative way, simply that it didn't look like a "production" item: the casing was a very solid, well-made unit, but was clearly something that had been made up on a "one-off" basis - I don't even think it was something that ever saw production as a "US Rockets"-branded motor type with a "letter" rating. (I suspect it was one that Jerry kept around to do static tests with, but you'd have to ask him.)

The motors in the recent large flight at MDRA appeared to be more "commercial" than that - the casings were all color-anodized and everything! :)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

jerry's delivery constitutes "shipment in commerce". It was delivered to you, was it not? If you paid more than the cost of raw materials, it is for profit, hence commerce.

It doesn't matter that jerry's stuff is and looks crappy, looks is not the criteria for determining commercial status.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Point taken on the AR motor he produced for your project, as long as he was part of the AR project and not envolved as a comercial "for profit" provider/member. However, 200lb of comercial class 1 hazmat, shipped as "model airplane parts", totally different story; dumb move..

I guess when I make ex for my AT, Kosdon, and Loki cases, it must be commercial, according to your analogy; what a crock. As for as your insinuation, read below, again.

Reply to
WallaceF

Chuck, it sounds like some real science happened in the design of the motor, and I congratulate the entire team. Extremely well done!

Your comments about dispersion in another sub-thread are something I'd never thought about, but meeting dispersion requirements can clearly affect thrust profile design in such situations. Something for all of use to think about with very large projects. Time to figure out how to build a nasty-ass-thrust hybrid :-)

So, care to share (if you know) where the propulsion crew sourced the 10" tubing from? I just finished building my first 150mm hybrid motor, and a 250mm wouldn't be all that absurd :-) :-)

Reply to
Marcus Leech

Pot!

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Good heavens!!!! Xrays ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

This is typical of you to "change the subject" to a motor from a decade ago.

But hey! It was yet another failure of Powertech, wasn't it?

But since you raised damaged equipment, I seem to recall you left one of my Centuri Sky tracks near a HIGHWAY instead of the location we had placed it several times before. It got stolen. You have not yet replaced it nor even returned the one that was not stolen. Another set of trackers as well, those made for me CUSTOM by Hank Asciutto.

Report the status of all of those trackers. Admit they are my property wherever you report they are. I do not want to prevent their use in any way but I do claim continued ownership and if they are lost or damaged, yes I would like them replaced. And still used as often as possible.

You are a hypocrite.

What is the core shape and propellant burning rate? Same question BTW. I want to calculate it myself!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

9"x144"

Customer confidential. No truly big motors are on my websites.

But the "low pressure" 6"x120" motor static test is on the promo video :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes.

State with completeness each and every position, statement, policy or rule you have promulgated, been administer of as President or a BOD member or otherwise, with regard to ATF permits or compliance or law.

Just one.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"my websites"? I thought you did not own usr?

"Customer" huh? Doesn't sound like an amateur motor, now does it?

How did you deliver that "truly big motor" without ANY DOT paperwork?

Did you label it as "model aircraft parts"?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Badda Boom! Point! Set! Match!!

Reply to
default

Not totally true Grave.

I don't care if the propellent maker is commercial or amateur.

If I buy propellent from a comercial maker and he makes a profit, then he needs to be classed as a motor maker, not AR.

HOWEVER, that propellent put in my special motor, I am still doing AR.

lets not lose site of that, and if you want to make jerry rigging rules, don't screw the pooch at the same time.

Now, lets go take on the day.

Reply to
almax

Yes, You are doing AR, jerry would still be commercially manufacturing and selling propellant without proper local, state, federal and DOT permits.

I'm not "making any rules", the laws already exist.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I thought that was the central purpose of the regulations, the club rules and all arbitrary decisions?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine