Another Epoxy question.

Hello, again. I mixed up a batch of epxoy (West Systems) and noticed that the hardener had turned brown. The resulting mix comes out the colour of light chocolate milk. This was at the end of the can but the pump is stained with it. It seems OK though, and sets up and glues alright. What happened, it is of recent vintage (6 months).

The Rocketeer

Reply to
paul

I think you will be O.K. I used some 30 minute epoxy that was 15 years old and in an unopened container. The same thing was noted but it seems well cured and fine.

Kurt

Reply to
Kurt

It happens. "Hardeners may darken with age, but physical properties are not affected by color. " from

I suggest reading their "user manual"...

Reply to
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe