ATf assertion about APCP and bombings

Did we/have we/will we/should we/ do a FOIA on this statement by the ATF:

"Indeed, according to documents the ATF submitted to the Senate Judiciary Committee in 2003, APCP was used in 53 bombings and 33 attempted bombings around the country "

where are these documents at?

Was it homemade APCP? what kind of APCP was it? ie its actual ingredients.... was it commercial rocket motor APCP? how about some details? we need to rebut this kind of misinformation and disinformation on the part of the BATFE.... we know they are a bunch of SERIAL LIARS......

shockie B)

Is it just me, but while the cats away the mouse will play.....why do I get the sinking suspicion that why the ATF is wasting all this time and energy on APCP some Muslim terrorist is going sneak by and make a bomb outta ANFO or gasoline or something really simple?

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Because it iso bviously true?

They search old ladies and take away their nail clippers but REFUSE to pay any special attention to male arabs traveing alone.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sigh... I'm afraid I'm going to have to repeat one of my perennial rants. OF COURSE every dollar and hour spent on APCP is a measurable increment in making us "less safe."

But don't asssume the intention of any agent of the government is to do something useful for the populace. The true intention is to APPEAR useful so as to justify their paychech.

You see, catching actual criminals or terrorists is very hard, and often much work results in zero tangible results. If, instead, you target law abiding citizens your job is much easier. Each grandmother with a nail file can be reported as a hijacking sucessfully prevented.

While I have no documentation, I'm morally certain at least 99% of those APCP "bombings" were some kid in a basement setting something on fire doing a "static test". Or perhaps they were 53 individual motors that went up in the Aerotech unpleasantness.

Heck, since APCP IS apparently an explosive (something that's customary function is to explode) every sucessful launch could be reported as a bombing, if looked at with the right warped perspective.

----------------------------

As my grandfather (a cop) used to say, "If I want to get you, I'll find something to get you on."

High power rocketry as we know it is in the crosshairs. It doesn't matter what logic, the law or the constitution say.

-- Scott Schuckert

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

Years ago in a carbuerated car, I started down a large hill, turned off the engine, pushed down on the accelerator. It made a cool sound and after a few seconds the muffler exploded. The big bang is no longer a theory. The owner of the car was not amused. Mufflers, mufflers must also be on the list. We also took a railroad car cargo air bag and hooked it up to the air compressor. When that 8 foot by 3 foot air bag got enough atmosphere in it it too exploded. The cops showed up after a bit and we swore we didn't hear a thing. What noise? And I can make brown paper lunch bags explode. So brown paper bags have to go on soon.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

ROTFLMA!!! Great!!! Great!!!

Reply to
Mark

I think that might be the best way to shut these JBGTs down. 911 happened on their watch while they were wasting their time on us. We just need to get someone to testify to this during the current hearings.

Bob Kaplow

Remember, if they do confiscate your nail clippers, once you're past security you can go to the airport store and buy a replacement.

I'm still trying to figure out why on my last trip they were confiscating hair dryers and curling irons. Never seen them do that before.

Bob Kaplow

Hell, they are already blaming it on the "previous administration."

It's kinda like when somebody quits an engineering group. Suddenly, every delay and screw-up is his/her fault.

The battle cry of the new millenium? "It's not my fault!"

Ad Astra! Bill Sullivan

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist