62.5g vs. APCP

I am slighlty confused. which is not unusal for me. anyway I have a question:

If the court decides in our favor that APCP is not an explosive, how does/will that effect the 62.5 g nprm 968 final rule due to go into effect

10/10/06?

The ATF states the following in its final rule:

SUMMARY: The Department of Justice is amending the regulations of the Bureau

of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) to clarify that the

requirements of part 555 do not apply to model rocket motors consisting of

ammonium perchlorate composite propellant, black powder, or other

similar low explosives, containing no more than 62.5 grams of total propellant

weight, and designed as single-use motors or as reload kits capable of

reloading no more than 62.5 grams of propellant into a reusable motor casing.

In other words, the ATf is staing that model rocket motora made from Bp or APCP less than 62.5 is UNREGULATED ie EXEMPTED from ATF oversight.

So what about a 62.6 g APCP rocket motor? Its over the 62.5 theshold, but the APCP itself is not an explosive? Since APCP is not an explsive, then it should not matter

what size of propellant grain I use? Yes? No? Maybe?

terry dean

nar 16158

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

If it is not an explosive, then ATFE has no jurisdiction. Doesn't matter if it is a 62.5 ton grain.

shockwaveriderz wrote:

Reply to
Jim

So the day we finally win this case, I can call up Thiokol and order myself an SRB. Then round up all the stray cats in the neighborhood...

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

And have the SPCA a knocking on your door real fast, right after the cat lovers have given them notice.

Akumaizer Cattery Japanese Bobtails since 1973.

Reply to
Starlord

Load the catlovers up with the cats, then launch them all into orbit.

Reply to
Tweak

Seems like an overly expensive way to get rid of cats. Do they give cats astronaut's wings? Here kitty, kitty.... Larry "nothing better to do today than read rmr" Lobdell Jr.

Reply to
Larry Lobdell Jr.

Do they give recovery wadding astronauts wings?

Mario

Reply to
Mario Perdue

Someone is going to get a visit from some angry kitties.....

Fred Shecter

Fred Shecter

I could deal with that.

Cat. The other white meat.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Do *NOT* use cats for recovery wadding. Ever smell burning cat fur? it's not pleasant.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Yes!

Darren J Longhorn

by the way... a 3 legged cat is a chinese slang for someone that's so useless in a fight... just like how well a 3 legged cat would fight.

Reply to
tai fu

You might find some of those cat lovers carrieg their own wepons, ones that could very well end your day.

Reply to
Starlord

I'd rather see all the stray dogs sent to the moon and relesed.

Reply to
Starlord

To stringy.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

After getting slapped in the face with a cold, wet fish, Starlord wakes with a start and realizes he only plays Mr. Badass on the Internet...

Reply to
Tweak

Oooh.

A documented clear and unambiguous death threat on the internet.

How nice.

Perhaps we should discuss something more benign, like spelling "igniter" or "ignitor" ?

??

Reply to
Fred Shecter

could very well end

They ought to be using the weapons to eradicate those miserable creatures, then.

Reply to
Malcontent

No, it's the cow that went over the moon.

Back in the early 60s NASA was working on a secret project to do just that, like the chimps that it sent to LEO. It would have been the herd shot round the world.

:-(

Reply to
Bob Kaplow