62.5g vs. APCP

I am slighlty confused. which is not unusal for me. anyway I have a question:
If the court decides in our favor that APCP is not an explosive, how
does/will that effect the 62.5 g nprm 968 final rule due to go into effect 10/10/06?
The ATF states the following in its final rule:
SUMMARY: The Department of Justice is amending the regulations of the Bureau
of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) to clarify that the
requirements of part 555 do not apply to model rocket motors consisting of
ammonium perchlorate composite propellant, black powder, or other
similar low explosives, containing no more than 62.5 grams of total propellant
weight, and designed as single-use motors or as reload kits capable of
reloading no more than 62.5 grams of propellant into a reusable motor casing.
In other words, the ATf is staing that model rocket motora made from Bp or APCP less than 62.5 is UNREGULATED ie EXEMPTED from ATF oversight.
So what about a 62.6 g APCP rocket motor? Its over the 62.5 theshold, but the APCP itself is not an explosive? Since APCP is not an explsive, then it should not matter
what size of propellant grain I use? Yes? No? Maybe?
terry dean
nar 16158
--
"Old Rocketeer's don't die; they just go OOP"

If it is not an explosive, then ATFE has no jurisdiction. Doesn't matter if it is a 62.5 ton grain.
shockwaveriderz wrote:

So the day we finally win this case, I can call up Thiokol and order myself an SRB. Then round up all the stray cats in the neighborhood...
And have the SPCA a knocking on your door real fast, right after the cat lovers have given them notice.
Akumaizer Cattery Japanese Bobtails since 1973.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
snipped-for-privacy@sidewalkastronomy.info says...

Load the catlovers up with the cats, then launch them all into orbit.
--
Tweak

I could deal with that.
Cat. The other white meat.
I'd rather see all the stray dogs sent to the moon and relesed.

Telescope Buyers FAQ

No, it's the cow that went over the moon.
Back in the early 60s NASA was working on a secret project to do just that, like the chimps that it sent to LEO. It would have been the herd shot round the world.
:-(
Bob Kaplow wrote:

To stringy.
You might find some of those cat lovers carrieg their own wepons, ones that could very well end your day.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
snipped-for-privacy@sidewalkastronomy.info says...

After getting slapped in the face with a cold, wet fish, Starlord wakes with a start and realizes he only plays Mr. Badass on the Internet...
--
Tweak

Oooh.
A documented clear and unambiguous death threat on the internet.
How nice.
Perhaps we should discuss something more benign, like spelling "igniter" or "ignitor" ?
??
http://www.sirius.com /

They ought to be using the weapons to eradicate those miserable creatures, then.
What's the matter Malcontent? Did a cat scare you when you were a little boy? Malcontent wrote:

Bob Kaplow wrote:

Seems like an overly expensive way to get rid of cats. Do they give cats astronaut's wings? Here kitty, kitty.... Larry "nothing better to do today than read rmr" Lobdell Jr.
Larry Lobdell Jr. wrote:

Do they give recovery wadding astronauts wings?
Mario

Do *NOT* use cats for recovery wadding. Ever smell burning cat fur? it's not pleasant.
On 26 Sep 2006 16:24:29 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Yes! http://www.geocities.com/darrenlonghorn/burntcat /
by the way... a 3 legged cat is a chinese slang for someone that's so useless in a fight... just like how well a 3 legged cat would fight.
--
TAI FU
"Darren J Longhorn" < snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net> wrote in message

Clearly, you never saw my three legged cat fight.