Hobby APCP Availability

I was wondering if anyone knows which vendors have 29mm single use F and G motors in stock. I am working at AstroCamp in California and will be launching out at Lucerne Valley in about 10 days with an aspiring group of rocketeers. I would like to get my hands on a few F motors with 4 second delays, and G motors (G40 or G80) with 4 and 7 second delays. Thanks in advance. Rob Brigham NAR 79579 L2 Robert Brigham NAR 79579 L1

Words are your friends. Choose them carefully.

Reply to
RBrigham1

I'd like to try these, but Ellis Mountain motors aren't available in CA. :(

Reply to
RayDunakin

Fly un[NAR/TRA silly little club]certified motors and the supply shortage evaporates.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That is a false statement.

That is a false statement. I do blame you for repeating false information per

27 CFR 55.141-a-8

That is a false statement.

That is a false statement.

That is a false statement.

You are doing the entire industry a disservice.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

your online store says prices 2002, are they still correct ?

also, are you delivering motors by chance to Naram ? Just wondering, as I want to try some of those G35 ellis moutain motors. Yes, I know that 1 out 5 or 10 "might" have a problem.

Reply to
AlMax714

Most movie sets are nothing like rocket launch sites. They are CONGESTED with people, sets, buildings, and TONS of equipment operating at high power.

Being a PROXIMATE AUDIENCE event the typical procedure is to have a master lisencee who has an FX journeyman lisence, a fire marshall rep on site, a fire engine or two, security of perimeter, and whatever long list of permits the filming itself has.

In the Running Man for example when you see the sled leave the tube, that is a MAN SIZED sled being fired directly AT a crowd of 300 extras with a 3 cluster of J1000's and retro motors fired (2 J1000's) to keep it from hitting the 300.

Now imagine this sled coming at YOU in the front row of the crowd, seeing the 2 J1000's ignite and thrust directly at YOU and slowing this crazy contraption from 100mph to almost zero in about 60 feet or less, just in time to not die (all distances are close for filiming purposes). Then the director yells CUT and as you are choking to death of HCL exhaust about a dozen fans blow the exhaust away from the crowd that went from cheering, to cut, to wretching.

And thay couldn't have possibly been happier.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sounds like it was well thought out by FX professionals. That means you too.

Reply to
AlMax714

Prices listed are correct for the motors that I have available.....

Thanks for the note on the website,,,, I'll correct it during my next update......

PS I am on my second box of 50+ G35 motors and there has been one reported CATO.. spit the nozzle.... I..... I have watched 50 + flights... real great motor..... 3.9 sec burn time....

Sorry NO NARAM for me BUT I will transport to a flyer in the NY, NJ METRO area who is attending....

Bobby B

Reply to
bobbyb

Did I mention this all happened in DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES?

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Cool. I'm surprised the rockets weren't just for show, with hydraulics or cables or something doing the actual work.

I haven't seen that movie since it was in the theaters. I'll have to rent it sometime just so I can check out the rocket stuff. :)

Reply to
RayDunakin

Fast forward to the end of the credits to see famous names you will recognize. I tried to get my friends at the time some screen credits just for showing up on set and incidental help.

Just Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Scan short videos of the individual rocket effects and credits and I will put them on the website.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

in Joe Burger's 7/21/2003 3:58 PM ROL post titled "AeroTech Shipping Single Use" he said you were among those first in line to recieve shipments of the following SU motors

F21W (2 Paks) G35W (2 Paks) E30T G40W

and the AT site shows the SU 120G40-4,7,10 as 62.4 g propellant weight

do you have, or are expecting these, and will you be selling them without a LEUP?

thanks, Bobby

- iz

Aerotech F20-7 SU 29mm Aerotech G33-7FJ 29mm RMS LEUP REQUIRED [ Don;t blame me for this

Aerotech F40-10 29mm RMS Aerotech H128 and H180 medium delays RMS HPR 29 LEUP REQUIRED Aerotech J350 and J570 RMS 38mm HPR LEUP REQUIRED

Reply to
izzy

Thanks for all the replies. I was able to find what I was looking for at Great Lakes Hobbies. Rob Brigham NAR 79579 L2 Robert Brigham NAR 79579 L1