B6-0 Motors

Are B6-0 motors by Estes or Quest out of production? I came across a store that had some B6-0s from Quest and was wondering if they were worthh picking up. Thanks.

Reply to
Louis Schroeder

Haven't the quest b60's been decertified? If so, you can't use them at a NAR sanctioned event. Your NAR insurance is also invalid if you use them. I still have a boatload of MRC A8-3's and "Tracker" smoke motors that I can't fly and now can't legally ship. So they sit. I thought they'd be great in my Saturn V.

Art T South Jersey Area Rocketry Society NAR# 34201 L1

Reply to
SirWmOsler

Estes B6-0 motors are currently in production after a couple of years "on hiatus". The bulk packs for the two stagers had C6-0 motors substituted for a while, but I think schools got annoyed when all the rockets flew off the school yard and/or drifted onto the busy highway nearby.

Quest B6-0 motors are supposed to go back into production - perhaps before the certification expires (assuming it's still good - check NAR website for current cert data).

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

The Quest B6-0 is no longer contest certified, but retains general use certification until the end of the year.

Bob Kaplow