Last Save Rocketry Now Prize

Hi All,

Am waiting for a CR6 parachute I won in the Save Rocketry Now raffle. Has anyone else received them from covertjeff? I responded to his initial emails and have heard nothing from him. I sent some emails to snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com with no replies. I also had noted a military address I sent an email to. Wonder if Jeff is in the service and got deployed? Guess I may never see the parachute then. (Hope not though!) Kurt Savegnago

Reply to
Kurt

Had correspondence with Jeff 2 weeks ago. Jeff's been busier than hermaphrodite at orgy with work, travel and family. Each chute he has to make by hand but he assured me they will going out asap.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Hello all,

Just heard from Jeff. Just cancel the above note and thanks for the post Ted. Never said anything about this before as I didn't have a project for the CR6. Now with the Tripoli Research rules, I want to expedite my L2 project so I can participate in research launches. Am going to a Research engine course beginning of March. Got 100% on the written and just want to get a minimalist 4" 3FNC on a J350 flight in the can. Have actually only made two H powered launches in my cert rocket, although it has made 5 other flights with F and G motors. I was going to build up to the L2 and do a fire breathing dual-deploy for the L2 flight but the rules won't allow me as an L1 to launch a commercial motor at a research launch. An L2 can do that with the rules change but I cannot as an L1. I am in the midst of making a 29mm I powered payload ship and 29mm mini dual deploy. Will get back to those when I get the L2 done.

Kurt Savegnago

the notorious t-e-d wrote:

Reply to
Kurt

What rule change now allows commercial motors at Tripoli Research launches? I haven't heard of this.

You have always been able to fly commercial motors in a cluster or staged rocket as long as one motor was EX.

The rules have long stated that you must be L2 to fly anything at Tripoli Research launches. Although, I know that rule has been broken at national launches.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Anyone interested go to the Tripoli site and look at the rules. Were just changed the beginning of the month. I got hammered on the list-serv whan I brought up some issues.

Kurt Savegnago

Brian Elfert wrote:

Reply to
Kurt

I'm glad you've heard form him; Jeff hold told me after the drawing that he was keeping in contact with folks on the status of their prizes.

At this point, I'm only concerned when donors aren't answering. As long as they stay in contact and work with the folks, I'm happy.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Welcome to Tripoli.

3200 screaming whiners.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What's wrong jerry, are you lonely?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I have had individual regional launches with more than the national membership of Tripoli.

No?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Maybe you and brad can get together in e-mail and discuss your delusions together.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Come on now Dave, Jerry's claims are not delusions, they are flat out intentional lies..(:-)

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Any proof of that? I'm pretty sure those of us in the rocket community would have heard of a regional launch with 3,200 flyers. Spectators don't count.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert