save rocketry now prizes

10/13/05 I visited the Save Rocketry Now website and noticed I won a prize contributed by U.S. Rockets and immediately emailed my shipping
information.
10/14/05 I was received an email from Jerry Irvine saying 10% of the prizes had not been shipped.
10/21/05 I emailed Jerry asking him when he anticipated shipping and got no reply.
11/10/05 I emailed Jerry again asking him when he anticipated shipping and I'm still waiting for a reply.
All I'm looking for is a shipping date. That doesn't seem too much to ask.
This is my first dealing with Jerry. He appears to be living up to the legend. Bill Spadafora http://home.att.net/~billspad or http://www.billsplumbing.com or NARTS http://www.nar.org/NARTS/cat.html snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net snipped-for-privacy@billsplumbing.com
I mentioned this to another prize donor and he said that he usually comes through in the end. He did with me and am happy with the Triton kit I won from him. In spite of all the stuff that goes on here, I think he is ready to help anybody out with rocketry. Am still waiting for the CR6 chute I won from Covert Systems. I told the proprietor to put me on the bottom of the list as I am not rushed for the chute. Don't even have a model big enough for it but I'd like having it on hand in case I build one this winter. :)
Kurt Savegnago
Bill Spadafora wrote:

Bill Spadafora wrote:

I know of at least one person in the same boat; others I know have received "the goods" from jerry.
I do hope that he comes through with everything; there have been past instances where he has, and others where he has not. Time will tell, although it's getting a bit long to go without some form of contact.
-Kevin
Well, I was drawn for prizes from several manufacturers - (lucky me!!!!)
To date - the ONLY ONE that has come through is Jerry Irvine (Not so lucky me)
Cheers
Max Baines

Just Jerry. :-)
Nice, sunny and warm here in paradise (Sarasota) BTW. LOL.
Regards,
Anthony J. Cesaroni President/CEO Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace http://www.cesaronitech.com / (905) 887-2370 x222 Toronto (941) 360-3100 x101 Sarasota (410) 571-8292 Annapolis

I won a full set of Pro38 casings (thanks, Anthony!). Used them for the first time at ROCStock this past weekend -- I think Cesaroni has got their money back from the reloads I bought (<G>). I even got a Pro54 casing and used it...
I'm another of those who haven't so much as heard from Jerry, despite an email requesting information from him. I'm pleased he saw fit to donate so much to the campaign, and am grateful that it appears to be real (based on the fact that folks have reported receiving some of his donations), but I have to say I'm disappointed in his continuing behavior...
David Erbas-White
Anthony Cesaroni wrote:

Maybe that is a real reason Jerry has been somewhat silent lately..
Fred
David Erbas-White wrote:

I should clarify slightly -- I received an email from Jerry regarding a minor (bad) joke I made in a thread lately (so he definitely has my email address), but I have received no response regarding the SRN prizes...
David Erbas-White
W. E. Fred Wallace wrote:

Not to be snide or anything but could it be that he is probably spending his time building the kits he donated?
He really did donate quite a bit.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
W. E. Fred Wallace wrote:

I purchased a kit from him six months ago. He was waiting for parts. I asked him about it three months ago, he did not respond to my questions about when it would be available. After waiting for several weeks (during which every single other vendor who I had won from, and there were several, not only contacted me but actually sent the prizes), I sent him a polite email inquiring if there were a problem with it, and asking for status on the kit I ordered.
The email was not responded to -- but he did manage to send me (directly) minor comments about threads I had contributed to in this forum.
BTW, what I won from US Rockets was a 38mm motor casing with closures. Don't know how he's building it, but...
Further, in my email to him I had indicated that if there were problems with the prize, and even if it couldn't be delivered, just let me know, and I wouldn't share the problem publically. I've communicated with him in the past, and believe I can be trusted in that regard. However, completely ignoring the requests (including requests for information on an ordered and paid for kit) is a bit much -- which is why I've now made it public.
David Erbas-White
the notorious t-e-d wrote:

I guess I got way lucky on a auction about a year ago. Scored a Sonic 2200 via ebay. Now this, I'm still in amazement, on how he did it but I got the kit 3 days via USPS for something like 4 bucks.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
David Erbas-White wrote:

I've had a similar experience to David's. I received my US Rockets raffle prize promptly but the kits I ordered are no where to be seen. I've asked for a status and proposed a reasonable alternative if there is an inventory problem -- no response!
I won a few US Rockets items as well, two rocket kits and a motor casing. I have received the kits but no motor as of yet...
- Robert Galejs
Bruce Sexton wrote:

Ted,
You're kidding right? Do you actually believe Jerry is hard at work trying to please the consumer ... man now I see why Jerry is so F**king effective in ripping people off :(
Has anyone taken advantage of U.S. Rockets' (the company NOT owned by Jerry) offer to ship C.O.D. or Open Order (send rocket first, then pay when received) from USR?
There are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many OTHER HONEST model rocket manufactures to support ... so why feed the sleeze? PML items are FAR superior than USR vaporware. Ellis Mountain, Giant Leap Rocketry, and dozens more are far superior and honest and supportive to rocketry than USR.
Jerry holds a carrot in front of many of you non-street savvy types, and you bite, time after time after time after time ... he knows how to manipulate many of you.
I'm sorry but if you get ripped off by Jerry, whether it be raffles or orders, AND you are a regular reader/poster here on rmr, I DON'T feel sorry for you ...
... fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me ...
the notorious t-e-d wrote:

Ted,
(NOTE: Not defending Jerry or critisizing him, just stating a fact.)

I did this for my U.S. Rockets Mosquito and Interroc, arrived promptly without any problems. I haven't tried it again, so my experience is based on one purchase with COD / Open Order.
Best regards, Steve
Hey Steve,
Hey NP. You received an USR item(s), gratz! I just say that when you are pulling a scheme, you have to mix a little truth/product into your large bucket of BS :)
I mean even a used car salesperson has to sell 1 or 2 good cars every so often to get the suckers, I mean contestants to play along :)
Also, next time you want to spend some cash, I am just asking that you consider other manufactures who are on the up-and-up and don't have the issues like Jerry. As has been stated hundreds/thousands of times on this forum, WE are the ones empowering Jerry.
If we would stop buying his products off ebay, rocketry online, USR.com, and from 3rd parties, we could put an end to Jerry Irvine! We have the ability, but it takes a unified effort!
I IGNORE ebay/ROL/rmr/etc. advertisements for U.S. Rocket products ... I hope that more people will feel that way. I have a few of his early catalogs and hand signed letters in my collection, but I keep them seperate from the rest, as I DON'T respect the items nor the man. I just keep them as examples of how things can go very bad, very quickly. I also read it and notice how very early on, his stuff had the scent of BS in it ... great learning aide for future rip-off sellers/manufactures ...
I did take advantage of his offer. I'm located in Canada.
I got the order very quickly, packaged well and complete. The shipping charges I paid were what he paid.
I paid him as soon as I received the order.
No problem with my order at all.
Len Bryan
On 15 Nov 2005 07:02:14 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@juno.com"

On 15 Nov 2005 07:02:14 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@juno.com"

Yeah, bought some nose cones from him a while back. Told him what I wanted, he sent them to the UK, then we figured out how I was going to get the money to him.
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:43:23 -0500, "W. E. Fred Wallace"

That's one thought. Since you brought it up, I was thinking quality time with Bubba. Either way, I Hope he's enjoying himself.
Phil
Phil Stein wrote:

My guess, It's the former, not the latter. Remember those few posts by nosig, criticizing Steve's observations regarding the usr kit He received? Pretty much the same thing happened with the rmr t-shirt deal, jerry disappeared from rmr and stopped responding to e-mails and then some guy named "01rocket" showed up on rmr to defend jerry, but claimed not to be jerry.
Same m.o. Same jerry.