Save Rocketry Now! Prizes Received

Howdy all,
Taking time to mention that I received my prize from the SRN raffle. I won a US Rockets Weight Lofter and it was sitting on my neighbor's
doorstep yesterday. It looks to be a great kit. It's like an upscale Big Betty; 2.24 inches diameter and 34 inches long, a coupler and bulkhead to make a payload bay, nice balsa nosecone, 29mm central motor mount with 6! 24mm outboards at the fin joints.
The instructions look to be informative and helpful. Another paper product is included; Ace Information Report #1, 2, 3. One bit of oddity worth mentioning; The kit specifications say it's 3.2 inches diameter and 40 inches long. Since I haven't built it yet, I do wonder about the other specs, like weight and the CP measurement from the nose. Those factors can be easily recified after build.
With a smile on my face, I note that on the surface it looks to be a great large model kit, but the truth is, it isn't what is advertised.
:)
steve

You seem intent to critize a "free gift" before even giving it a fair chance. This is instructive about your "attitude".
I say this in light of the many positive reviews of this product on other sites.
snipped-for-privacy@everywhere.com wrote:

The part of His post you quoted, was the only negative thing Steve had to say about the kit. jerry claims the kit is 3.2"x40", Steve says it measures 2.24"x34", what's wrong with pointing out the discrepancy?
jerry, Is that you?
Dave Grayvis wrote:

Shure sounds like him...
W. E. Fred Wallace wrote:

I'm 100% sure that was jerry.
Steve Bloom wrote: It looks to be a great kit. It's like an upscale Big Betty; 2.24 inches diameter and 34 inches long, a coupler and bulkhead to make a payload bay, nice balsa nosecone, 29mm central motor
mount with 6! 24mm outboards at the fin joints.
The instructions look to be informative and helpful. Another paper product is included; Ace Information Report #1, 2, 3.
Jerry Irvine snipped-for-privacy@everywhere.com wrote:

Gee, Jerry, This Steve Bloom guy takes his own time to write a positive review about your rocket kit and you flame him?! This says alot about your character and attitude.
Sheesh!

Dr. Evil, is that you?
default wrote:

I have built two USR kits, both of which were prizes generously donated by Jerry. In both kits the specifications on the instruction sheet did not match the actual model. This looked more like a cut-and-paste mistake (haven't we all made those?), not any intent to mislead.

I am wondering if anybody is providing feedback. I don't buy those kits because my dealer does not have them, but I sure would like to see more variety in stores.
What little reading I have done on websites like The Rocketry Forum indicates there is good attention to talking with customers.
So I guess people calling me Jerry is some sort of immature branding?
snipped-for-privacy@everywhere.com wrote:

Yes, jerry is very immature. In your last post, you mentioned "other sites" that had positive reviews of this kit, what sites are those?
Still waiting for a USR Titan that I won. Was sort of looking forward to building it. Other four prizes I have received. This was the only one left.
Kurt Savegnago
Kurt wrote:

Please to report I received the kit above yesterday. Cute kit. All prizes (5) accounted for here except am still waiting for the custom parachute from Covert Systems, a CR-6. The proprieter said it would be awhile as he was custom making the systems.
Kurt Savegnago
On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:23:31 GMT, Dave Grayvis

alt.ripoff.my.partners 8-) I can thing about 2 people besides Jerry that are founding members.
snipped-for-privacy@everywhere.com wrote:

You calling yourself nosig certainly is.
Doug

There has been plenty of discussion in the past about "anon" posters. Get over it. Discuss the content.
Look how some people are treated who are NOT anon!
Jerry_Irvine snipped-for-privacy@everywhere.com wrote:

Jerry
default wrote:

"Quacks" like a duck.

I see even an outright denial is of no value to you.
You modify the words, say whatever you want then are shy of brains. I did a Google search just to see some of the stuff you and the others in this thread have posted. Gees. You guys have posted a bunch! Mostly about or to that guy.
It sure looked like cyberstalking to me.
So, plonk.
anonymous jerry wrote:

jerry, Take your son Andrew to His doctor's appointments, He needs to start on the hormone therapy before it's too late.
While trying to hide his identity, Jerry Irving lied:

in
Jerry, Jerry, Jerry...
Let's have a little lesson on usenet headers, shall we?
Refer to the following: http://www.technomom.com/writing/usenetheaders.shtml
Ok, Let's start with the header from the last post you made as Jerry Irvine on Saturday, October 8th, 2005:
Newsgroups: rec.models.rockets Subject: Re: C6-0 make a C6-P Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 06:12:45 -0700 Organization: Box 1242, Claremont, CA 91711
Path: g2news1.google.com!news3.google.com!newshub.sdsu.edu!newsfeed.news2me.co m!newsfeed2.easynews.com!newsfeed1.easynews.com!easynews.com!easynews!sn -xit-02!sn-xit-06!sn-post-01!supernews.com!corp.supernews.com!nosig From: snipped-for-privacy@everywhere.com Newsgroups: rec.models.rockets Subject: Re: Oldtimers Question: NARAM inquiry Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:00:56 -0700 Organization: Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com
Ok, so let's look at the path... Posted via a nosig account at supernews... huhn... Isn't that Jerry Irvine's Usenet ISP? Odd... Comparing the hops... Gee, wow, it takes the exact same path through Supernews' internal servers over to easynews! What an incriminating coincidence!
Let's also look at the User-Agent: Wow... it TOO is "MT-NewsWatcher/3.1 (PPC)"
Wow, I wonder what the odds are of another completely random new guy showing up using the same posting host, the exact same newsreader, and then defending that guy?
Come on Jerry we aren't stupid. Cut the bullshit. You have been caught in yet another lie.
Save some face and admit it this time, eh?