Re: "Save Rocketry NOW" My proposal to NAR and TRA

Sounds good now hammer this to the powers that be in the orgs.
Chris Taylor http://www.nerys.com /

proposal
verge
the
10%
(IE.
this
industry
single
you
offer
What
2
hobby.
TRA
How
(and
viewers
Discover
in
commercials
is
info,
produced.
standards
display
no
make
flying
this
information
create
will
huge
secure
are
pissed.
assist
call.
3,
which
of
ago!
just
learned
the
war
The
organizations
will
the
more
be
sure

I have been saying that for years and in the case of NAR making specific proposals. The only growth oriented thing they have done is TARC and that is very recent and an accident of success.

But then they too would be "scared away" by the bad policies of clubs to demand ATF permits where the law states clear exemptions. Club policy must change FIRST.

I strongly, fully agree. Now it is ieas.org's turn.

I was on track to generate it before they banned me. Look how many people I had at my launches!!

Or other soldiers given the lesson for the first time. Stop thinkling bi-polar. NAR and TRA are in the past, long may they dwindle. IEAS.org and many regional clubs like DARS and PRS have taken up the mantle of growth.

I agree and the level of resistence in the existing heirarchies is high. New heirarchy needed.

The very first volly should be to recertify all willing motor vendors and stop asking for ATF permits unless ordered to do so by a judge. That will make the biggest immediate and sustained benefit.

Not the banned ones. We got other jobs unlike you.
You followed this morass to destruction called Tripoli. Abandon it right this second for purposes of this wacky scheme. TRA=financial failure.

Nor will they.

Attrition my ass. Suicide!!

But Rocketfest will rock on.

Good luck and keep those bankruptcy papers handy. With TRA in the mix you're going to need them.
I have posted my commercial proposal a caouple of times right here.
When you have a 70% less costly partial solution, please let me know. ie no NYC, LA, San Fran, Chicago, 5 most expensive NE markets.
Jerry

Frank,
This is the first Marketing and Market Driven solution I have heard to the Rocket Crisis.
You have my Support. Besides asking the Board to do this, what else can I help with ?
Your old fellow M team member,
Art Upton www.k8xg.com www.zagicam.com www.boostervision.com
reply to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.nospam.com

proposal
verge
the
10%
(IE.
this
industry
single
you
offer
What
2
hobby.
TRA
How
(and
viewers
Discover
in
commercials
is
info,
produced.
standards
display
no
make
flying
this
information
create
will
huge
secure
are
pissed.
assist
call.
3,
which
of
ago!
just
learned
the
war
The
organizations
will
the
more
be
sure

He needs $88,000 during a pandemic bankruptcy environment and also wants to maintain a vendor monopoly and change nothing that got us into this mess in the first place.
Remember, rockets are countercyclical. The recession normally would have INCREASED sales.
Jerry
Not really sure what you mean by this.
------------------------------------------------------ Frank, you really don't *need* TRA/NAR BOD to accomplish this.
Ted Novak TRA#5512
--
---Frank Rocketman Uroda

Frank U wrote:

You have a great idea and the more people you get to support that idea the better. But like you mentioned, TRA/NAR has been very conservative in that retrospec in the past. PML is a top dog vendor and that being the case has a lot of support right there. Approval from TRA/NAR BOD is hardly needed(but BOD support would be good help).
How about a PML raffle/contest??? Hell, I'm currently looking for work but I would find a way scrape some coin together to donate to such a cause.
Who DOESN'T own a PML kit???
I know my Phobos gets plenty of air time :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512
NAR and TRA have spent $60,000 on Kyte, and I understand that really tapped the resources. I understand that his fees are greater than that of the lawsuit since it began.
1) Has Kyte done anything worth $60,000? 724 is basically dead - no more or less dead, than if the $60,000 was not spent... On the other hand, the lawsuit has incurred little if any cost in the last year, as nothing is happening, so the lawsuit funds went to Kyte.... (one guy is really making out here, and I think you'll see who it is...)
2) I think PML has a great idea here! But... it seems that any funds that might have been available for the ads is gone however.. NAR just raised dues by $15/year for senior members. Kind of a bad thing to do when new members need to be brought in!
3) It seems when the deal was made with 1st TV/DC, a logical thing might have been to ask for the ad time in exchange for filming rights. Even without the current crisis in the hobby, advertising NAR/TRA would have made complete sense during the broadcast. Worst case, a "bug" in the corner or a status line, with the TRA (it was their show after all) website popping up at times during the broadcast might have been appropriate. I'm not saying that this isn't in the deal, but if not, why not?

I'm was thinking along the lines of a group vendor spot. Maybe a separate spot dedicated to the organizations. Use a raffle/contest for donations for the airtime. However it's done, it would mean more mass media exposure at the very least.
Ted Novak TRA#5512
AZ Woody wrote:

Sound like the "spots" are about $68,000 for 3 - 15 sec ones...
Don't know about vendors in your area, but I don't know of one that could pay 1/10 of the cost for one of the three spots!

Yeah I know :(
Even with the manufacturers it's still probably along the lines of 1/10 :(
I've done the math.... 2267 visits to the plasma bank.
There *has* to be way of funding for such a project. Gotta be.
Ted Novak TRA#5512
AZ Woody wrote:

A co-op has the best overall chance of working. Pooled monied and many vendors to choose from.
But I say again. Do you really want to attract new blood into a system that is regurgitating old bloood like a hemmorage? These people are leaving in droves in the first time in rocketry history for a reason. Fix the reason FIRST.
1. Stop asking for ATF permits ever. Not legally required for rockets
2. Stop with all the 62.5g nonsense. Take it out of the safety code, the NFPA codes and everywhere else it exists.
3. Immediately make similar modifications to policy and codes to accept ANY hazard class no matter how low of propellant or motor.
4. Accept any competent authority paperwork ON ITS FACE (as the document is intended to be used in the first place) abd start accepting at least a hald zozen new motor vendors TODAY and several more in the next 2 years.
5. Offer a crippleware membership. Your fresh new number which you have to renew to keep, one magazine, some coupons, a subscription application, and you get this junk mail we would send you anyway for a mere $9.95 prepaid!
I have a plan that will actually work and "convert" those prospects to long term customers which is what Frank Uroda wanted when I farmed HPR and he successfully penetrated that market.
And I invited him with open arms BTW not with banning, accusations, and personal attack. The TRA/NAR metric.
Jerry
AZ Woody wrote:

My opinion? Yes. He's provided services, he's working with the folks, as promised. But, any time you pursue legislation, there is no guarantee you'll get what you want. Your opinion may vary, and you're entitled to it.

I think a poll of members and vendors is in order, to see if enough will donate to make it financially feasible.

I don't know the contract; I don't know what was asked in negotiations. But I do know that TRA's contract is with FirstTV, not directly with Discovery. I would imagine that Discovery controls the advertising, so it may not be possible to negotiate such a deal.
-Kevin

Realistically? Probably not.

I doubt it. Seriously.
Your trite comments do not mesh with events as they actually transpired.
Jerry

Chris Taylor Jr wrote:

Okay, sign me up.
If Frank, or another, can get it going, I pledge $100 towards a $68K
commercial TV sport rocketry advertising goal.
Jeez, I don't watch TV BECAUSE of commercials and now I'm donating to one.
I just do rockets to relax, I can quit any time I want...
--
Gary Bolles
NAR 82636

As long as you can find a 5 step program :)
alleged to have written:

My problem is, I keep doing the steps in reverse order....
Step 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Launch! Damn, I'm still a rocaholic!
- Rick "hic" Dickinson
--
"I just purchased a shiny new Leatherman Wave.[...] It's likely
that random objects in the house will spend the next few days
Rick Dickinson wrote:

As Foster Brooks would say, shouldn't that be Dick "hic" Rickinson???
David Erbas-White

Just keep trying, boy. In a few decades you will burn out from too many rocket flights and JUST post on the internet.
Jerry

This is factually incorrect, Woody.
I responded to your query regarding financial arrangements with John Kyte back on June 16, in the NAR Section listserver. The NAR and TRA have spent approximately $250,000 since the inception of the litigation, and John's fees to date do not come close to this amount.
Can you explain to me what you hope to accomplish by continuing to put out factually incorrect information after I've explained the financial arrangements we have with John?
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Mark B. Bundick mbundick - at - earthlink - dot - net NAR President www - dot - nar - dot - org
"The great enemy of truth is very often not the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - by the myth - persistent, persuasive and unrealistic . . . We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK