Batteries

.-- -... ----. .-- -.. ...- since 1976 (original tech)

Bob Kaplow

I picked up a used FT-817 for about $400. While it's larger than the VX2, it will do CW (and SSB). I expect to get better range both in the air and in-the-evil-corn reception with the 817. I hope to not test that this weekend :-)

Glen, kc0iyt

Reply to
Glen Overby

On CW, no one can hear you scream.

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Yikes! That's a bit more than I wanted to invest, but if it does what you want, that's what is most important.

I picked up a 2nd 2m handheld to use for conversing at launches.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski