Brand new rocketeer

just want to talk to others who are invloved in this venture. I have only blasted a few Estes - Alpha III, but man am I all over this. I am addicted to it, learning new things, figuring out different experiments...

Reply to
MadZoner

Welcome aboard! You can also find lots of good info at these sites:

And my own site full of rocket aerial photos and other cool rocketry stuff:

RayDunakin

Welcome MZ!! Since you're new, I recommend going to the National Association or Rocketry website and prowl around, if you join, you will start receiving a magazine called "Sport Rocketry" (known as SpRocketry around here). There are lots o' pictures, plans, and general modroc info. You might also check out the "NARTEK" program to learn more about rocketry and get into some pretty cool advanced stuff. The NAR website is

The sites Ray listed are really good. My website has a list on links to other sites too, at
Again, welcome!

Reply to
David Stribling

Welcome.

The Alpha 3 was one of the first rockets my son & I flew. Now he's almost 18 & working on this L1/L2 bird in anticipation of the big day.

Reply to
Phil Stein

This should be in the FAQ

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It got me too, back in '68. Then, when I relapsed in '97, my son became addicted too. Now we tour the country together, helping others who've befallen our same fate.

steve

Reply to
default

heh, trying to sell some prints there Ray!

Cool photos, I really like the one with the Patriot going underneath it, and the blue flame visible. What were the rest of the photos from that flight like?

-- Niall Oswald ========= UKRA 1345 L0 EARS 1151

Reply to
Niall Oswald

Reply to
Phil Stein

rocketry, 100% on topic, 100% of the time..

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

well, then....do NOT check out the follwing websites

(more videos coming)

tater schuld

WHOA!!!! Check out Sammy The Bull:

Reply to