BT 100 cutting question

why not just unroll the tube, cut it to the right length, and roll it back up? That way you don't have to worry about the axe, sawzall, chainsaw or log splitter crushing the tube.

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

If it is under 27-30" long the BT-101 will go into the wood burning stove uncut. The BT-101 dries fast and splitting or unrolling is unnecessary. Sacrificial mandrels will dry in about a day, even if totally soaked, and any unrolling is incidental.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Which round? What scale?

Bob Kaplow

Probably a full scale version one. :-)

John

John Stein

It's full scale. 15" hickory handle, with a nice polished, smooth round, 3 pound stone and leather laces.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

YEP! And I know how to use it too but I actually prefer a S&W 44 auto mag. ; ) It just saves time and energy.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Not much left but feathers though.

John

Reply to
John Stein

After careful consideration of ALL the wonderful suggestions that were made, we decided to go with Len's.

It worked perfectly. I now have a perfectly cut bt 100 and we're proceeding with preparation to assembly. We've got everything laid out and have most of the cutting done. I hope to begin assembly sometime tomorrow evening.

Thanks Len!

Randy P.S. I hate these vaccu-form fins.

Reply to
Randy