Cheapskate Rocket motors

has anyone tried these? If so, how were they? They do appear to be much
cheaper than AT motors.
Reply to
Reece Talley
Never heard of them. Where do you get info on them? If they ship product, they have AT beat. (AT shipping motors means that they are shipping the ones I want. So fas they've shipped everything except)
Phil Stein
Phil Stein
Reply to
Phil Stein
Are they part of Trailer Trash Rocketry?
;)
Patrick Patrick
IceAge
Never even heard of them. Who makes them, and what kind of motors are they? Are they certified?
Reply to
RayDunakin
Woody Stanford at:
Not certified, but you can also get "instructions that allows a complete novice to fire a high-power rocket without a club, certifications or the usual high cost of high-power entry." :)
Reply to
Andrew MacMillen
Very interesting! I think I'll order a few and try 'em out.
Reply to
RayDunakin
Candy motors. Can't store them very long. Heavier than APCP. Not sure how they can legally ship them.
Other than that, they should be interesting to try.
-John
Phil Ste>
Reply to
John DeMar
Hey guys, I'm not going to say, "Don't order from Woody", just beware and get ready for a wait because it could take quite awhile to get your stuff. It took 5 months to fill my order about 98% and almost a year to see everything.
If you want details, email me off list.
Dan Chandler Southern New England Association of Rocketry

Dan Chandler
If they don't work well, you could aways eat htem. 8-)
Phil
Phil Stein
Reply to
Phil Stein
Of course not, Fred. They're "Toy Perpellants", just like Jerry motors and sold/shipped just as legally.
In a plan brown wrapper.
steve
Reply to
default
This is a 49 state world generally.
Candy (the stuff you eat) would qualify as a pyrotechnic under that law just as this "propellant" (if you can really call this stuff propellant).
So if you go after candy "motors" you might miss and kill a HUGE industry as candy contyains an oxidizer and a fuel.
Try lighting some sometime.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Yes, but if you eat too many of them you will suffer from BOTH: * terrible diarrhea * loss of interest in females
-Shread Vector NRA #1 Paramount Leader
-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.
Reply to
Fred Shecter
Help educate me.
Exactly what oxidizer is contained in the following (or any) candy (and do they sustain their own combustion without atmospheric oxygen):
M & Ms
Milky Way
Rock Candy
Skittles
Gummi Bears/Worms/DiMilo, etc.
Necco Wafers
???
AFAIK there is no KNO3 in regular candy intended for human consumption.
AND if this is edible, there are probably LOTS of federal and state regulations to deal with. After all, CA has checkpoints for food entering the state ('the fruit police').
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117
-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.
Reply to
Fred Shecter
Caramel.
ONLY if intended for ingestion. I believe these motors are not.
But only for fruits and vegetables. Hence why you are safe every time.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
so let me get this straight.....the PRK has "fruit and vegatable" police that check out any fruit or veggies entering the state..... BUT... they have no police checking out the millions of illegal aliens crossing into the PRK on a yearly basis?
I'm not sure I can take much more of this lunacy...... shockie B(
Reply to
shockwaveriderz
Are these motors, or a "kit"?
Bob Kaplow
Incorrect.
The federal government owns the INS and Border Patrol. The illegal aliens come across the border in desolate areas of the desert as well as smuggled in vehicles on roads.
Very little fruit is smuggled into CA by trekking across the barren desert border areas.
Lots of fruit comes down the highway. It can be infested with all sorts of nasty bugs that will decimate the MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR agricultural industry of CA.
Do a web search for exact details. These are only general factoids.
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117
-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.
any fruit or veggies entering the state.....
a yearly basis?
sustain
deal
shipped/imported/sold/retailed/possessed/fired/stored
Reply to
Fred Shecter
Correct.
How amusing is that?
PRK for a reason.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Oh silly. It's way easier to hassle law obiding citizens on the major highways than it is to catch people crossing our border out in the boonies.
:>)
any fruit or veggies entering the state.....
a yearly basis?
sustain
deal
shipped/imported/sold/retailed/possessed/fired/stored
Reply to
default
check out any fruit or veggies entering the state.....
the PRK on a yearly basis?
That's what makes it the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia...
Bob Kaplow