Court records are SUCH fun....

AZ Woody wrote:

I believe a felony conviction precludes one from obtaining an explosives permit of any kind, or working in a capacity that requires the handling of explosives.
This was one of the points of contention when the Patriot Act was enacted, as I recall -- it required shipping companies to get background investigations on thousands of employees.
> (But they probably already had his fingerprints on file!)
The conviction is a state conviction; the ATF would potentially have them for a federal conviction.
-Kevin
So Jerry's felony convictions would prevent him from getting the permits he needs. That could be why he keeps claiming he needs no permits (and can ship motors as "model airplane parts"!), as there's no way for him to get the permits!.
I'm a bit surprised that no one has mentioned the JI request to the TRA BOD in the latest TR. It seems the crux of it was "Jerry, you need to play by the same rules as any other motor vendor, and until you can, just go away..."
The Pretenders "Back on the Chain Gang"....

AZ Woody wrote:

Yep.
Haven't seen the new TR yet.

Of course.

On 23 Jun 2005 21:52:16 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Ray,
I can email it to you if you'd like.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Ya know, I had some free time, so I went back to the archives and looked for the Debby deal. What fun reading that was! Here's some snippets from 1998-2000...
Jerry owes Darrell $xx for services rendered (advertising). Bill wants
to take Jerry up on his offer, and buy a USR rocket, and do a product review. Darrell says; "Hey Jerry, why don't you send me the rocket, which is worth $xx, and I'll send it to Bill. That way, I'll accept the rocket as payment for past services (advertising) Bill gets a rocket, and you get an honest product review." And we haven't heard from Jerry since.
steve
Since Jerry is never going to make good on the situation, and I can't get in trouble over telling the truth, the story goes like this: Jerry was the first advertiser on Rocketry Online. In lieu of cash, I accepted store credit. From November 1996 through September, 1997 the balance rose to $465 store credit. During the 100K Contest, I offered advertising for the balance of 1997 in exchange for two $100 kits for the contest, as well as made arrangements to cash in all available credit for the grand prize, a 12" diameter Big Rocket. $665 worth of advertising for nothing from USR. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?
Darrell
Well, it won't help get her merchant account back ,but Jerry Irvine swears that when his T-shirt refund deal is completed that nobody involved in the T-shirt deal will have lost any money except for himself. So we'll see how long it'll be before Debbie gets repaid by him. We know he wouldn't lie, right?
Pete
Since you brought it up... T-shirts refunded out of pocket (Debby kept the original moneys) What deadbeat ROL contest? Jerry -- Jerry Irvine, Box 1242, Claremont, California USA
Bring common sense back to rocketry administration
It's the law of the jungle, Jerry. You screw one of the monkeys, the rest of them throw rocks at you. Steve (in your case, you screwed the monkeys, the hippos, the dogs, the zebras and the gnus. Last I heard you had a ladder and were looking lustfully
at the giraffe.)
Open letter to Jerry Irvine: Dear Jerry, I have purchased and paid for one of your rockets a few months ago, yet you seem unable to deliver it or answer my email regarding the rocket. Is your company actually making deliveries? Yet another unsatisfied customer of U.S Rockets. Oh and if you are wondering about the order: INVOICE 08-Jul-00 08:05 PM Order Number: 517
Its totally amazing..with all the posts in this group concerning mr scam rip-off Irvine, that folks still actually send him money for vapor
ware........I would rather throw my money on the lottery, as the odds of winning is much greater than getting a product from Scam Man Irvine........As for his replies on email its hard to answer email when you have to wait your turn at the public library or Kinkos to use the computer.....Come on Jerry Scam Man Irvine, make a liar out of me, bet you can't do it dude! Prove me wrong, just this one time! And folks ask why I continually bash this idiot and hound him on here all the time....just so if 1 person gets to save his money its worth it......
Foxeye
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Bill did the get the kit (eventually) and brought it to a local launch. More digging will reveal our comments at that time.
--
Tweak

Tweak wrote:

Is that the kit for which the nosecone never appeared? Or is it a different kit?
-Kevin
says...

I must admit that I do not recall.
--
Tweak

Tweak wrote:

A little hunting tells me that the nosecone was nothing but a litany of "it's someone else's fault", so Bill stepped up and offered to order a kit and pay Darrell for it.
Of course, Bill's comments as to the "quality" of the tubes was entertaining, matches what I have seen first hand, and what several others (but not everyone) have stated from their own personal experience.
-Kevin

Here is an image of the actual delivered kit.
FWIW
http://www.v-serv.com/usr/kits/Bertha6parts.jpg

See?
I did as he asked.

Thatks for posting the testimonials to USR's service.
Phil Stein wrote:

Your going to love this one testimonial Phil. I did a ebay for USR Sonic 2200 several months ago directly from JI. He charged me less than 5 bones for USPS shipping and I got the damned thing within the same week of the auction! I'm still in disbelief how quick I got it and it was in perfect condition. LOVE the balsa cone too.
Sucker should sail on a G125 to G25 combo.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
nedtovak wrote:

Hey Ted, I wonder if I would have the same luck?? (;-)
Fred
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:05:34 -0500, nedtovak

I'm glad it worked out for you. It's to bad that all of Jerry's customers can't say the same.
I'm curious - what is about the balsa nose cone that you LOVE? Isn't it a PITA to have to fill?
Phil Stein wrote:

The love is pure nostalgia for me. I haven't done a balsa cone since like 1981 or so. To me this particular cone mates PERFECTLY with the BT. Makes me wonder what the secret really is. CNC wood lathe maybe?
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:23:07 -0500, the notorious t-e-d

Probably either that or a good pattern.

Is that the car with the bullet holes?
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972
Bob Kaplow wrote:

No, that was an 1980"s Volkswagen diesel Jetta. The car originally belonged to Chuck Rogers. To My knowledge, jerry did not pay for that car either.
Dave Grayvis wrote:

Ah, series MKI Jetta.
Sorry, I have this thing for veedubyahs.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75