DESCON DESCON DESCON!! DEADLINE TOMMOROW!

12 prizes, 11 entries including my two (paint drying now)

looks like you could enter just about anything and still get a prize!

for those who are wondering, I have my Spaceballs Eagle 5 and Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy Heart of Gold.

Pictures tonight, maybe a night launch, and drop off the film at the 1 hour to get them in on time :)

Reply to
tater schuld

I just sent along my entry updates. If one purpose of the Design Contest is to lead folks to try new things, than this one has been a success for me.

I succeeded in my first cluster ignition and flight. An MMX cluster at that, which rumor has it is a bit of a challenge. I also experienced my first cluster ignition failure, leading to some rod binding and a lower than expected flight. Live and learn. I got to experiment with using my 14V cordless drill battery as a launch battery (for those clusters).

All in all, a good use of my time on some wintery weekends.

My entries? The MIB Flying Gold Cone and Dr. Evil's Pocket Rocket.

ScottE

Reply to
ScottE

I just sent in my entry, Tom Servo from Mystery Science Theatre

3000.

I agree with Scott about trying new things. I doubt I ever would have gotten started in MicroMaxx without this contest, and I wasn't planning to try my first clustered model until next year.

-- Bob Cox

"ScottE" wrote:

Reply to
Bob Cox

I went out today, in the middle of our 24" snow storm and actually tried to fly my entry. Video to be loaded (since it is small).

I agree, we could almost entry anything.

- Nick

Reply to
EMRR

You should get extra points for effort!

The calendar I received is truly beautiful. If you guys have not gotten one yet and you have some spare change, I have to say I recommend it highly.

I have LDRS marked :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You get100 quatloos for guts! ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

The still frame I grabbed from your video of the white rocket in the snowstorm looks great:

----------------------------------- | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

------------------------------------

Reply to
Anonymous

My first time also mith micromaxx. the heart of gold didn't light one o fthe three but still flew well! although you can definetly tell it is flying a bit sideways.

Major pain in the butt of taking photos of this is that I NEVER get to really see the flight.

I suppose thats what i get for being so good with the camera.

Reply to
tater schuld

Reply to
Duane Phillips

I agree, I got two, one for a present (as requested) for my mom. the other is right behind me in my cubicle here at work. Definetly worth it.

Hey nick, can we preorder for next year?

Reply to
Tater Schuld

Thanks. I have a few left since I mistakenly make a "mistake" on my needs, so if folks want one, they'd better hurry.

Nick

Reply to
EMRR

ok, looks like 13 total, unless there was some last minute entries.

Glad to see someone beside myself from our club put an entry up. Zak, you gonna remember who to credit for those awe inspiring lift-off pics? :)

Was actually able to borrow my boss's digital camera so I would not have to worry about the 1-hour screwing somthing up. I am amazed that Nick was able to get them on the site so quick!

with all the earlier comments I was wondering why no one built a STARBUG? I was thinking of doing so but with so many comments about it I figured someone else was going to do so. I am glad the is only one other Eagle Five to compete against.

Reply to
Tater Schuld