Vacation pics

If you're wondering where I had been the last week, we (the family) flew to LA then drove a rental to Fresno. From there we visited the Merced river to try panning for gold and picked up a few interesting rocks, went to Yosemite and visited San Fransisco. Unfortunately we left saturday and Gunner wasn't home friday so I couldn't visit.

Somewhere along highway 49:

Going to check out the Merced, somewhere else on 49: Two pictures (they didn't quite overlap so I fudged it together with Paint :o) as a panorama:
looking down the 1000' drop(!):
almost had a heart attack when I went up to take that pic...)

I have a bunch more but these are probably the best. Wonderful view. Plenty more pics in film form as well, plus whatever Matt took with his digicam.

Tim

-- "I have misplaced my pants." - Homer Simpson | Electronics,

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --+ Metalcasting and Games:

Tim Williams

Hmm, nothin special there. Of course, when one lives just off Highway

49...

Hope you enjoyed your trip, next time stay a little longer and really see things. You missed one of the better packrats I've ever met by not seeing Gunner. Or me. But, I am not at Mark's level.

michael

Reply to
michael

Im still sorry I had to work Friday and not get a chance to show you around the homestead. I have a customer who is hot to get a OmniTurn retrofit installed, and I couldnt tell him no. Particularly when he is considering 3 more.......

Shucks Tim..thats not much of a drop. Next time you are out..Ill show you better ones. Btw..thats kinda the standard sort of terrain we hunt deer and hogs in. Not a lot of fun pulling a 100lb deer or a

400lb hog out of the bottom of one of those, least of all in late August or September.

Id love to see you do a web page..its always interesting to see how those from the Midwest view the non urban areas of California..which is the vast vast majority of it.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

Heh, okay sounds like a fair trade. I suppose.

Hehe, I bet. About 50 times taller than anything in this boring landscape though, that's for sure!

Thing is, I have 2.5MB of photos good to go and only 1.5 or 2MB of webspace left...ack!