Ejection Charge

Based on my reading, and Ray's comment, I'm dropping this idea like so many others I've had. If fffg will suffice, I am set.

As I said above, I've already dropped this idea. The stuff is way too unstable, and just downright toxic. While fascinating to consider, It has no merit in a rocketry application.

Al Gloer

We looked into the possibility of making a single use airbag based ejection charge but the costs at the time were prohibitive. The CO2 ejection system CD3 you can buy from Rouse-Tech is very expensive but only about a tenth of the cost of the airbag in quantities we need in this sport. Now if there were 1.7 to 1.8 million users for the product, we could drive the cost down under $50 each charge but still, that is not a good thing to pour money into for research when a half penny's worth of FFFG will work just fine...

Cool ideas may eventually become marketable. Not sure this will unless we greatly expand the hobby.

Barry

Reply to
<locprecision

Greatly expanding the hobby strikes fear in the hearts of NAR and TRA leadership because such a thing could nit be controlled with an iron fist like 2500 people stupid enough to subscribe to HPR magazine, and apply for ATF permits for exempt PADs, are.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

CSFM claims it is 1 pound max. But won't say why.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You got a $40,000 fine? Holy shit! You must be an idiot!

Reply to
RoCkeT FlyA

Jerry, sit down and shut up.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Impressive.

Jerry

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be lead to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."

- H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

and :)

"And of course always remember: What your ATF inspector says is true, nothing else matters. Not the Orange Book, not physics, not logic, and not the law."

- Tony Alcocer

"Cheer up, they said, things could be worse. So we cheered up and they were right - it got worse."

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Been using FFFG for years with nary a problem. You'll be alright..

Pat G

Reply to
Potrocs

Convicted felon? $40,000 fines? Looks like an idiot in court?

Who can we possibly be talking about???

Reply to
RoCkeT FlyA

Am I the only one here who finds the term "ordinary household gunpowder" a little alarming?

Reply to
british guy

If that scares you should see what we have stored in our 5 gallon gas cans.

Talk about an explosive potential!

Reply to
RoCkeT FlyA

I've used both 3f and 4f. with either I pack the charge cannon with wadding real tight. I use cardboard tubes for the charge cannon so it can split, pvc and metal charge cannons have been known to blow holes in the sides of body tubes sometimes.

Permits for BP where I am at are the same for 2,3 or 4f.

Reply to
almax

I love it Dave, a new buzz word.

"ordinary household gunpowder"

Reply to
almax

I find it amusing. I learned of BP the first time when askin' gran pap about the can in the Ge-rage.

BP is a staple of freedom, and help secure it some 228 years ago.

Back then, George would'nt let us have large BP factories, as he knew they could be used to secure freedom from him.

Reply to
almax

just like a "regular domestic assault-rifle" i suppose....

Reply to
british guy

Well, I would say "regular domestic rifle". Many homes have their domestic rifle in them.

Places like Finland have them in every home you know. Keeps that country very peaceful and never invaded successfully.

the word assault has been improperly used by gun control activists to control guns that have no use in crime, yet are useful for other uses.

when was the last time you saw bank robbers (in the USA) with mounted bayonets, yet a bayonet mount is cited as a "buzz item" on an assault rifle.

I seem to detect an anti-gun note in your posts, and as such, this will be my last posting on the subject, as I do not wish to argue.

those who wish to learn more may find this useful:

almax

Why do so many people "naturally assume" people suddenly cannot be trusted with gunpowder, despite 230 years of constant usage with franlky lower average intelligence in the past.

Or do we just want to make things MORE CONVENIENT for police?

Hmmm?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Do you know the difference between a "regular domestic assault-rifle" and an ordinary hunting rifle?

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Some folks in the US Senate would like to limit it as well:

Notice that Section 6 of this act would reduce the BP exemption from 50 pounds to 5.

But I think that this bill is dead.

Reply to
David Schultz

It's in the spice rack next to the plutonium. If you add Coke C2 plus C2 you get...

Reply to
Alan Jones