[F-FT] Comments on motor decertification requested

I saw it but that kind of like when my wife tells me she told me something. I hear her even though I'm not listening. In the case, I saw it but didn't read it.

From a quick skim I'd say it's a pretty good writeup on BP Motor issues. Nothing personal - I don't use BP Motors.

Reply to
Phil Stein

The prior copy made it out too.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Actually, I posted my reply to David E-W's post where he said: "Tell me more!

David Erbas-White "

"Some BP motors were born bad. Some got bad as they aged, even without being temperature cycled (the Estes E15s). But there are also ways of treating temperature cycled motors so that they will work OK! "

Reply to
shreadvector

Fred,

My "Tell me more" was about the comment of "treating temperature cycled motors so that they will work OK!", not about how the temperature cycling makes them bad in the first place...

David Erbas-White

shreadvector wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

YES.

That's why I asked if my message got out to the "world" and if you read it.

I cover that.

It's in there.

Read it.

Here is a hint: it's in the paragraph that starts with "As for the temperature cycling"

;-)

(I'm trying....)

Reply to
shreadvector

I did read it, and understand it fully. I think we're having a misunderstanding over the word 'treat'.

I was using the word in the sense of "a method to restore the motor to its original condition", and you were using the word in the sense of "a method to allow the motor to be used in some circumstances so that it won't CATO." I was inferring from Bob's post that he had some 'treatment' that could be applied to a motor to 'heal' the BP fracture

-- and couldn't imagine what it might be. I'm very familiar with what you've written, but the way Bob worded his statement it appeared that there was something new to learn.

If he had phrased it as "there's a way to HANDLE temperature cycled motors so that they'll work OK" instead of "there's a way to TREAT temperature cycled motors so that they'll work OK", I wouldn't have jumped the gun like that.

I thought it might be something like what is done to dehumidify ICs, or something similar -- you know bake in a very low temperature oven for 24 hours, etc.

David Erbas-White

shreadvector wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Proving TWICE in a row he (Phil Stein) cannot read and comprehend!!

Thanks, Shred!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

jerry, you're a pinhead. The above dialog is between Fred and David.

Phil doesn't "do" bp. Pay attention.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

That is a strange parse David.

Even "treat" does not necessarily mean heal.

And especially does not mean return to "original condition". A treatment for a gunshot wound does not remove the wound, only limits consequential damage and does some work to minimize the scar and tissue damage.

Also since when is a post subjected to such close scrutiny when it is a contemporaneous authorship with no review committee.

And a gaggle of whiners and personal attackers and virtual stalkers, does not a review committee make.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The key parameter is the delta between max temperature they've been exposed to, and the internal temp when fired. So firing them in the cold also causes catos.

But take a cycled motor, warm it back to its max temperature, and fire it while warm, and it will probably work OK. I can't recall who did the R&D report (late 70s?) but someone actually did this and it works.

Bob Kaplow

TREAT == re-warm back to T(max)

Bob Kaplow

ok Bob, and how is any person supposed to know this magic max temperature....?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

The fact that I chose to skim a few lines, decided I wasn't interesting in reading it and moved on means I can't read or comprehend? Anyone that draws that conclusion certainly is 'Special.'

Reply to
Phil Stein

I'm glad you treat us all so well by providing these treats for us.

-Shread Vector NRA #1 Paramount Leader

Reply to
shreadvector

Simple. Simply heat them to 700 degrees, then fire them...

David Erbas-White

shockwaveriderz wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

That's easy for You, You're a catalytic converter.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

You replied!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Once again you remove any doubt as to weather you are a moron or not.

In words you can understand - you are a moron!

Why don't you see if Jack Kane is interested in certifying your motors?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Apparently Jerry can't read either, since the person Shread was replying to was David, NOT Phil!

LOL!

Reply to
raydunakin

Once again, Jerry provides everyone a laugh.

Het Jerry we're not laughing with you - we're laughing at you.

Reply to
Phil Stein