(fwd) Where Do We Go From Here?

Neither, it's pronounced "wistah"

Tim Churchill - Framingham, MA (20 miles east of "Worm-town")

Reply to
churcht

Which brings to mind yet another question: How can they tell how far away a star is?

Reply to
RayDunakin

I have a student down here in the South from Yipsilanti, MI. I like to pester her by pronouncing the "Y". :)

And no, I haven't mentioned Tiffany Hobbies of Yipsilanti (THOY). :)

tim

Reply to
Tim

Parallax

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

Wusteshushteshushteshushteshar... (For the Bugs Bunny fans...)

Reply to
Len Lekx

Cool !! I assume the link will explain more on what this dragging is ? (loading it now )

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

the sauce or the town.

I believe their is a town somewhere spelled like that but pronounced something like Wuuster

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

If you haven't already found it from the KSC page, try:

Gary

So is the sauce...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

First you go to Sears and get the longest tape measure they have...

Bob Kaplow

I believe the sauce (at least one brand anyway) is spelled differently.

Seems like it's Worcestershire. I'm too lazy to check the cabinet.

tim

Reply to
Tim

Oh, yeah? Pronounce Worcester correctly.

ketchup

Reply to
default

In S. NJ, there's a Mantua. They pronounce it "Man-chew-a"

Mark Simpson

I can't say for certain where the CENTER of the universe is, but I know with a high degree of certainty where the edge of the universe is. It's "Cleveland, the mistake by the lake". ;-)

Mark Simpson

My wife knows exactly where the center of the universe is. :-P

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Mine too. She's it. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Yeah, you don't want to disregard those speed reduction signs in Cleveland heading NE on I90 when you hit "the bend", do you? (Or you WILL be a mistake by the lake).

~Duane "I needed every lane to save my backside" Phillips.

P.S. Who was the brilliant planner on that one anyhow?

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Yep. That's why we call it the "I90 ricochet wall"! 'Bout 54mph is the absolute top end I can hit it at in my Tracker, and still keep all four wheels on the ground...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

I think I was doing 65 when I started the bend... the next 5 seconds seemed like hours.

I *never* believe speed reduction signs, as they are usually waaaaaay over safe (like 35mph off-ramps)... especially for a major free way with that many lanes... in fact, I *usually* step on it, because it is the optimum time to pass people that don't know how to drive... and you can usually see how drastic the curve will be, and "float" the line a bit to soften the curve... but this Cleveland bend is very deceptive, and just about did me in... I think the thing that saved me (besides a miracle) was that I am very careful to not run side by side with other cars if I can help it... that way one can maintain as much of a safety margin as possible, while being a "lead foot".

I average over 50K miles/year... and often top 100K... I have been in every state in the US except ND and AK, and I have yet to see such a hairied corner that makes you "kiss the glass" like that one does, even at low speeds.

Reminds me of a TV series back in the 80's that had this digital man that drove a digital car that made 90 degree angle turns, that would plaster his human friend against the windows, because the digital man and the car had no mass... Anyone remember the name of that series?

"Cursor! My car!" (Then this little sparkle would draw his car out of thin air, and digital man would get in).

~Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Automan. Very cool show.