(fwd) Where Do We Go From Here?

YES! That's it exactly. That was a cool show... too bad it was short lived. I googled some up on it... Automan was played by Chuck Wagner.

AutoCar:
AutoPlane:
etc... etc...

Looking at it now, seems kind of quirky... with a bunch of simple lighting and video tricks... but it was COOL then.

Automan's one weakness: he kept running out of power.

~Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

What genius put a 90 degree turn on a highway? ;-)

Mark Simpson

Pro'lly the one project engineer that worked only for a couple of days, when they told him they needed some help on the "90" they were building...

~Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

You mean I90 DOESN'T stand for "Inside, 90 degree"?!?

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Where do we go from here??? THE UNIVERSE!!!

Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida has put up a very interesting Java applet on their site. It begins as a view of the MilkyWay Galaxy viewed from a distance of 10 million light years and then zooms into towards Earth in powers of ten of distance. 10 million, to one million, to

100,000 light years and so on and then when it finally reaches a large Oak tree leaf. But that is not all it zooms into theleaf until it reaches the level of the quarks viewed at 100 attometers. See:
Check it out!!!!! I like running it in reverse (zooming out) with no delay. Enjoy,

Rich Kroboth Webmaster Metropolitan Rocketry Association (METRA) Northern New Jersey Prefect #94

rich kroboth

"rich kroboth" wrote in news:oG9ub.18222 $ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

See the original at

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

There's an IMAX movie on a similar premise: Cosmic Voyage.

BTW, when they zoom in on the trees in the first url above, I think I spotted my NARAM-41 Eggloft Duration model :-)

Bob Kaplow

Only if you are a delusional rocket weenie.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry Irvine wrote in news:01rocket- snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Where is that on the geek spectrum relative to technodweeb weenie?

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Certainly more rarified and niche.

Although possibly skewed higher on the beer drinking and have a family scale. Rocketeers typically "have a life".

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to