Going to Fresno October Sky Launch. What about the new BATF rule?

I am planning on going to the TCC (Tripoli of Central California) October Sky launch on the 13th. I have no LEUP. Just my NAR and Tripoli level 2
certs. Due to the new ATF rule will I be able to buy motors? How about flying the ones I already have? How about my experimental motors I made myself?
What a nightmare!!!! KT
you will be able to "purchase and use" onsite. transportation of motor grains > 62.5g would require that you have a LEUP. same applies for AR/EX/Research propellant grains > 62.5g don't you also need a class 3 Pyro Permit to do HPR/AR/EX/Research in CA?
HTH
terry dean
--
"Old Rocketeer's don't die; they just go OOP"

< snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net> wrote in message
Have you asked the launch coordinators or the vendors who will be there to support?
http://www.sirius.com /
Do you think the BATFE will be there? NAR and TRA have both stated that we the members are not allowed to do enforcement. ATF even agreed and said WE are not enforcement. Those holding the launch can ask if you have a LEUP but unless they show me a badge and an ID proving they are LAW ENFORCEMENT, I don't and won't answer that question. They may not let me fly as is their privilege but I do not have to prove I have a LEUP. Nothing in the Safety Code says I need a LEUP, just be a paid up member of TRA or NAR and hold a current level of certification for the size motor I am using. If you know somebody with an LEUP you could fly one of their motors in your rocket with their supervision. Personally I don't think the Black Helicopters will be descending on every TRA and NAR members home to check for illegal motors and I don't think they will be at every launch just to catch you. If they do I think if you don't raise a stink they will warn you and tell you to get the motors to someone with the proper permit. That is what they did with the amateur Pyro folks , that is what they did with QuickBurst. Now I will get down of my soap box and try to get some rockets ready to fly at our BOB launch.
--
Bill Richardson ENC USNR Ret.
TRA 8703 L2
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

On 11 Oct 2006 03:12:07 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@juno.com"

So you are just betting that the mother ship will pick you up before the BATFE does.