Speak out against the BATF rule!!!

My NAR newsletter just came a few days ago. In it they discuss the new rule. They are encouraging all of us to log into the NAR web site to get instructions on how and were to respond. We need to give the BATF our responses and objections to the rule. They want to generate as much public comments as possible "against this unnecessary regulation". Responses need to be received by the BATF by November 9th.

I don't know if this was publish before the new rule was announced but according to the newsletter we have until Nov 9th to speak out against it to the BATF. If this is the case lets all do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it is to late lets do it anyway to create a nuisance for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact let's keep doing it after Nov 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets exersize our freedom of speach!!!

KT

Reply to
kimballt

Yeah, you might as well save your breath. The national paranoia is ascendant. This is the age of the security state and the model rocket crowd will be just a small casualty.

What goes around comes around, and now it's the model rocketeers' turn to take it up the wazoo. About time Estes and their buddies took a loss. With any luck their shareholders will take a nice bath. Maybe it's y'all's karma for selling out your roots in pyrotechnics some 40 years back? Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of suck-ups.

Maybe if you're lucky they'll let you keep those itty bitty rockets with the

2 gram propellant loads when the dust finally settles? Keep whining, you never know. They might even let you keep the 1/2A size motors. Of course, the CPSC might weigh in and then it's finis. Just wait until they figure out that the secret propellant is really GUNPOWDER and the news media catch wind of it. The party is just about over, kids. Things ain't like they used to be, and this ain't the summer of love (or the summer of the moon landings, either).

Of course, some could get back to basics and learn how to build things from scatch. (Wooo, that would violate the NAR code and the boy scout oath!) Orv Carlisle did, way back when. He invented model rocketry as we know it, after all. I admit he stood on the shoulders of his predecessors at National Fireworks (qv). Of course, that was before there was an NAR or a CPSC, and the ATF then concerned itself mainly with moonshiners.

// bugle sounds Taps.

[blah, blah, blah.]
Reply to
John Smith

Estes is not a public company. It is privately held. No stockholders. That's why it isn't required to release its financials.

Bill Sullivan

"It is dangerous to allow an engineer to study business." - Me

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Still less reason to cry over any difficulty they run into.

"The Rocket Scientist" wrote >

Reply to
John Smith

I'd be willing to sacrifice sport rocketry IF it would truly bring peace, security, freedom, liberty, cure disease, provide health care... but it will do nothing of the sort.

Reply to
Alan Jones

There's only one shareholder.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

The way things are going, I'd settle for getting back what I paid right now, and just dropping the cash into my IRA or 401K or whatever. What I'd like to do is write it off every year as an investment loss, which is what it is.

If set up as a private business, it would be shut down as an illegal Ponzi scheme:

Bob Kaplow
401Ks are a joke. Not only are they terrible investment returns, but WHY pay someone todo what you could yourself do? I mean, not you Bob, but many here on this newsgroup are EXPERTS and 'Rocket Scientists'. As such, things like Dollar Cost Averaging, Dividend Re-Investments, Blue Chip, Dow Index's, 'Spiders', should be very EASY concepts for most here to understand and implement into their investment portfolio.

Take $1000.00 and buy that amount in NYSE Spider funds. Wait 30 years and see that $1000 grow many folds. Its a NO BRAINER. It doesn't take a 'ROCKET SCIENTIST' to figure this out ... or maybe it does?

Lunar

P.S. There are all sorts of things one could do to avoid taxes (legally), shelter money, earn the MOST out of your working efforts, but I am not sharing because it took me a lot of time and effort to learn these things, and I plan to die in my house... have a live in nurse, blonde, with big breasts to whipe my ass, God willing, the day when I can't do it for myself. Then on my death bed I utter, 'Paris Hilton', or is that 'Rose Bud'? :P

Bob Kaplow wrote:

Reply to
lunarlos

Hey, I agree with you, pal! But it's like somebody real smart once said, what the gods get away with, the cows don't.

You want to see a scheme that puts Social Security to shame, just look up how fractional deposits work for a bank. Banks make up money out of thin air every day, and create something know as the "multiplier effect." If John Q. Citizen tried to do the same thing it would be called wire fraud, check kiting, and counterfeiting.

Rockets! (Mandatory on-topic content)

Bill Sullivan

The Rocket Scientist

OMG, don't get me started on how money DOES fall from trees at the Federal Reserve!

I want Hillary to win, and for her to take us into a social state... completely! Then everyone will be equal and happy... the end, QED!

Lunar

The Rocket Scientist wrote:

Reply to
lunarlos