Happy TxGiving, everyone

Steppin' out for a couple of days.

Enjoy your turkey and have a great Thanksgiving, y'all.

Reply to
BB

Best wishes to everyone for a happy Thanksgiving!

Reply to
RayDunakin

Yes indeedy! Best wishes to y'all for the entire holiday season from the Pratt Hobbies crew (which includes the child slave laborers around here). We all have a LOT to be thankful for this year.

Doug Pratt

Doug Pratt

The entire staff here at Propulsion Polymers would like to wish all of my USAn friends a safe and happy thanksgiving.

I hope that not too many of you will exceed your personal payload limit for Turkey and the "trimmins". :-)

Reply to
Marcus Leech

The same to you, brother, for whatever holiday is handy.

Thanksgiving dinner was great until the end. I always look forward to pumpkin pie, and this year my mother in law did everyone a big favor and used that new "Splenda" no-calorie sugar substitute to make a nice diet-friendly pie. On the Splenda package it notes that some people have a "minor" reaction to the stuff that includes "gastric distress and anal leakage." Well, Splenda acts like a blenda in my guts; I was in run-to-the-bathroom mode for two days. My daughter was sitting on the couch with me after dinner and said, "I hear a thunderstorm! Wait a minute...Dad, that's you!" All I could do was agree with her.

Doug Pratt

Doug Pratt

Thanks for the warning Doug......hope a low pressure zone has moved in and the skies have cleared. ;-)

Chuck Rudy

VooDoo Digital Productions

"My centre is giving way, my right is in retreat; situation excellent. I shall attack." Marshall Ferdinand Foch (1851-1929), supreme commander of allied forces in 1918.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I attempted to send an e-mail during the day, but I'll try again here on the group. (Feel free to do a web search for the websites with all the data on all of the name brand artificial sweeteners and fake fats).

I suspect that Splenda is not the problem and their website claims that there are no warnings on their packages. Perhaps she used another artificial sweetener with sorbitol or mannitol in it. THEY cause the big D.

Other modern marvels include Olestra/Olean. The rumors of anal leakage are greatly exaggerated. Too bad the shelf space wars resulted in no more Nacho Cheese WOW Doritos on the west coast! The WOW Tostitos were great as well.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Ouch! I've seen second-hand what some of these fat substitutes can do to someone. And the sugar substitutes cause headaches and other nasty side effects.

But in your case, maybe it was the stuffing and not the sugar substitute.

Bob Kaplow

Sounds like the moral of the story is, if you want to eat less and lose weight, you should just eat less. It's not nice to "fool Mother Nature" with fake food.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

No "WOW" in our house...