Has anyone used this aerosleeves for fiberglassing the airframe?

True enough. Have you ever seen a rocket or sub munition penetrate reinforced concrete, e.g. runway busters?
For the most part, glassing is just a heavy method of finishing, but fiberglass, and other composite materials, can also be used to reduce airframe mass, by replacing more massive material.
Alan
Reply to
Alan Jones
That's quite a leap ? from discussing fiberglassing kraft cardboard tubes to buying fiberglass tubes. No one was talking fiberglass tubes.
Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley
"Chris Eilbeck" wrote > I've seriously thought about getting some of those chainmail gloves
Try kevlar gloves from Screwfix
Halam Rose
Thanks for the information Roger. I hope you'll keep posting with the success of the dual deployment.
Roger Smith wrote:
Reply to
lizardqueen
"Chris Eilbeck" wrote> Well if you paint it before you fly it, it's gonna spack.
I view bright paint as just as important as a screamer for recovery, if you cant find the rocket...
Halam Rose
I like the quantum tubes and they do hold up pretty good to general abuse.
I've only had 2 failures with quantum tube but under those circumstances I doubt if even carbon fiber could've survived. One was a G80 cato in my PML IO and the other happened last July when a H180 decided to eject right after burnout in my Calistro.
The zipper on the Calistro is most impressive; went all the way down to the MM and stripped the chute but the rocket still came down in one piece :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Reply to
tdstr
[snipped...]
I know we're getting way off the OP's topic, but I'm not a fan of QT. I've built one rocket out of it and that was enough. I found it to be affected too much by the ambient temperature and in the summer all the phenolic couplers are too loose, conversely, in winter they're all too tight!
'Orrible stuff...
Cheers,
Reply to
Bob
I love the stuff almost as much as fw fiberglass. Just to give the whiners a little something to talk about - I also like pistons - after I fit them correctly by sanding and I glass the inside of them.
Phil.
Reply to
Philip Stein
Bob did say "coupler" not "piston". :-)
Be that as it may, I'm surprised PML doesn't supply QT couplers (and pistons). Dissimilar materials in a close-tolerance fit is a terrible idea.
Is the nose cone fit in QT also subject to temperature? (I have no experience with QT.)
Reply to
Steve Humphrey
[snipped...]
I never use pistons, I've never liked that idea. I won a PML Endeavour in a raffle earlier in the year. The OT and piston are getting chucked.
Cheers,
Reply to
Bob
Filament wound and convolute wound FG are two different things. One is shit, the other isn't. Which is cheap and easily available?
Chris
Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

Site Timeline