Has anyone used this aerosleeves for fiberglassing the airframe?

Perhaps if the couplers were made of QT as well?

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Really enjoying all this discussion of the EZI-65. Quite my favorite rocket.

Coker's EZI is worthless and weak, though. I have what may well be the most overbuilt EZI in existence, with 3 wraps of 4 oz. glass, .125 G10 fins, etc. etc.. Big I motors are the mininum, and it rocks on a J415. Dozens of flights on that one, and never a repair (knock on wood).

As Frank would say, "I did it my way".

Reply to
Tweak

I don't think that would work as I doubt that QT would slide very well over itself. While it's nice fro ma finishing point of view, I just prefer to glass kraft tubes.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bob

Why are they whiners?

Reply to
Tweak

For me they are both relatively cheap and easy to get. I don't know what the story is where you are.

I'm not sure which one is shit. I own both, they have both been steppend on and have survived. I can't say that for tubes that don't have glass.

Phil

Reply to
Philip Stein

Haveing a working piston is as simple as sanding it so it has a loose fit. Once in a while it needs to be cleaned or sanded a little more. I have pistons in cardboard & fiberglass rockets and check them each time I fly - just like the ones I use with QT. It is not a big deal. ALso, I've never had a problem with one being to loose.

Phil

Reply to
Philip Stein

Because they don't agree with me. ;-)

Phil

Reply to
Philip Stein

Watch your language!

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Especially upscale ones, eh?

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Eh...?

Reply to
Bob

Indeed. Got downscale ones too, you know.

That design just flies so well. Arrow straight almost always, not too susceptible to weather cocking yet extremely stable, plenty of room for avionics and recovery laundry, and with it's fin design they are not likely to be damaged even under a less than nominal recovery.

Reply to
Tweak

The OT and piston are getting CHUCKED

Chuck

;-)

Reply to
Chuck Rudy
[snipped...]

Very tenuous...

Reply to
Bob

I think I'm in trouble. Phil, I've just read this thread and found myself agreeing with you on all of your points.

NURSE!!!!!

wibble...

G.

Reply to